Saturday 20 September 2014

15th September - 21st September 2014 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

This week has certainly been dominated by Joseph's birthday on Friday. Every morning this week we have had a countdown and a very excited boy!

Here is our week in pictures...

Monday 15th September 2014


On Monday my mum and I went on an Italian Specialities Masterclass for the day. This is something that we have had booked for months and have been looking forward to. The day certainly did not disappoint. It was a day that was full of cooking, tasting and tips.

Tuesday 16th September 2014


Tuesday was a day to get caught up on jobs. Whenever I am doing jobs upstairs the twins head straight for the hubby and I's bedroom, jump in the bed and watch television. This is a great time for them to really chill out and gives me the chance to get on.

Wednesday 17th September 2014


On Wednesday I had my first Cognitive Behaviour Therapy session. This was something that my doctor advised to help me manage my depression. I really did not know what to expect and as this was just an assessment appointment I only have a rough idea of what to expect but I am going back. We have also recently started to drink Matcha tea in the mornings. Our second delivery arrived on Tuesday and we are still impressed with the benefits. On Wednesday we booked a holiday for next May. I think it helps with the Christmas anti climax to have something to look forward to.

Thursday 18th September 2014


Here is my very own Postman Pat! While we were shopping the twins got a comic each and Taylor chose Postman Pat and is loving his Postman Pat outfit. After shopping the day was spent getting Joseph's birthday cake baked so that I could get it decorated on Friday.

Friday 19th September 2014



Friday was Joseph's birthday. I still cannot believe that he is 10 years old. I spent the day decorating his cake, he had asked for a Skylanders portal cake. After school he played with his presents and my mum and dad came down for a pizza dinner and cake. To end the day we had a game of Monopoly, Joseph's favourite game, and spent quality time with him.

Saturday 20th September 2014


On Saturday we carried on the birthday celebrations but for the twins godfather, our nephew, as it is his 21st on Sunday. We had a lovely meal and it was nice to see the hubby side of the family. Isabella is doing amazing with her potty training. We started potty training last week and she is dry all the time during the day, she rarely has an accident. I was worried about going as far as we have today, an hour's drive, and wondered how she'd get on, but I really needn't have worried. She was dry, despite having a sleep, and when we got there she just said to me "mummy, Bella need a wee wee". I really am so proud of how well she is doing.

Sunday 21st September 2014


Today the celebrations continue. We are taking Joseph out for a meal to Frankie and Benny's with his grandparents. This is his treat and was his choice of place to go, good choice Joseph! This weekend really had been a weekend of treats, hey it's not every year your son turns 10!

As always I am sharing our week in pictures with:

The Boy and Me - Project 365
Make Do and Push - The Week That Was Captured
TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

11 comments:

  1. I am loving that gorgeous sunflower and my son would totally adore the Skylanders cake! #365

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I found the portal a quick easy cake to bake while having the twins running around x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good week huni. I hope you find the CBT helps, I only had one face to face and now it all has to be self help on the internet, which I never have time to do. I really hope yours is better. I am glad you had a day out with your mum and I agree so much about the post Xmas come down, we need to plan something too x #TWTWC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see how the next appointment goes in a few weeks. It sounds positive. I love having something to look forward to xx

      Delete
  3. awwww happy 10th birthday to Jospeh his cake is awesome well done you.
    sounds like a wonderful few days of celebrating.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a lovely weekend albeit very busy xx

      Delete
  4. Ohh the cooking day with your Mum sounds wonderful and glad you had such nice birthday celebratons with yoru boy. Mich x #365

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy belated 10th birthday Joseph, sounds like you had a great time, and hope you liked your presents.
    I know green tea is good for you but I cannot force myself to drink it, I find the stuff vile.
    Well done Bella on the training, such a big girl getting now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like green tea either but the good thing about matcha is it is only a small shot so I don't have to taste it for long :-) x

      Delete
  6. hope your therapy helps lovely it helped me massively with my depression xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x