Tuesday 2 September 2014

25th August 2014 - 31st August 2014 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

I am a few days later than normal as we have been away for the week. Our week in pictures is from our fantastic holiday to Sherwood Forest Center Parcs. We had an amazing week away and I will be blogging about it during the week. But here are a few pictures of our time away.

Here is our week in pictures...

Monday 25th August 2014



Monday was the day we set off on our holiday. The car was packed to capacity and off we set on a rainy Monday. 

Tuesday 26th August 2014


Waking up to this view was bliss! It was so peaceful, I wish everyday started with this view! I started the day with an hour of me time at the spa having a facial. We went on to visit to the Robin Hood visitors centre and a lovely walk through the forest.

Wednesday 27th August 2014


Wednesday was all about the Gruffalo! The Gruffalo books are a favourite of ours. The twins loved the large wooden Gruffalo and Taylor kept running and saying "Cuddle Gruffalo!".

Thursday 28th August 2014


Not a great quality picture but I love it! On Thursday my mother in law sat in with the children so that the hubby and I could take some time out and go out for a meal. It was a lovely evening.

Friday 29th August 2014



Friday was a hard day. Friday was the anniversary of loosing my beloved grandad. I can't believe that a year has passed without him. I am so pleased that we were away and my family kept me going. I started the day with a spa morning which was lovely but I just wanted to be close to my hubby and children. Whilst we were away we hired bikes and took a ride to the country club. The twins loved their rides in the trailer and we are seriously considering getting one so we can continue going out on the bikes.

Saturday 30th August 2014


Over the holiday it was great having some time with Joseph. We often went swimming the two of us and enjoyed going on the flumes and round the rapids together. Saturday was spent swimming, cycling and eating!

Sunday 31st August 2014


Whilst away I have discovered that I love cycling! Before this holiday I had not ridden a bike in about, dare I say it, 20 years! But I have loved the freedom that it has given us. On Sunday we enjoyed taking the children swimming for the last time, cycling around the resort, eating out and having another swim once the children were in bed while my mother in law looked after them. We even started thinking about our next holiday!

As I am a couple of days late I am unable to share my week in pictures with The Boy and Me - Project 365 however I will link back next week. 

I am sharing my week with the lovely Aby from You Baby Me Mummy who is hosting The Week That Was Captured for the lovely Hannah from Make Do and Push.

I am also sharing with the lovely Helen at Actually Mummy - Expressions.

2 comments:

  1. Oh hun I am so glad you had a lovely time. I am so sorry that you have had a horrible anniversary, but you have such a wonderful family and you so deserved to win this break. Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear you had some me time whilst away. Those bike trailers are fab things, but not sure I would fancy cycling on a road with one personally these days.
    How nice of you mother in law to give you time for a date with your husband.
    Sounds like a nice holiday with things to do to interest both age groups.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x