Thursday 4 June 2015

Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Barbecue Glaze Pulled Pork

While I was at the BlogOn MOSI conference last month I tasted some of this delicious Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Barbecue glaze and loved it! So when I was asked if I would like to try it out at home I couldn't wait!

We all love pulled pork and as it wasn't barbecue weather when the glaze arrived I decided to try it on a pork shoulder to make a honey glazed pulled pork. I was delighted to find that it was as delicious as I had hoped.


The glaze gave the meat a sweet tangy flavour that went with the pork perfectly. As the meat was slow cooked in the glaze I found that the flavours absorbed well into the meat but the out side of the meat was most definitely the most delicious part. To really get more flavour into the meat next time I will score the meat and not just the top of the joint.

I cannot wait for summer to well and truly arrive so that I can try this glaze on the barbecue!

This what I did...

Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Barbecue Glaze Pulled Pork

Ingredients

Pork shoulder joint
Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Barbecue Glaze

Method

1 - Score the meat to allow the juices and flavours to soak throughout the joint as it cooks

2 - Rub in about half a bottle of the glaze all over the meat ensuring that it is well covered

3 - Place in a slow cooker for either 4 hours on a high heat or 8 hours on a low heat

It is that simple, yet so delicious! Simply serve with fresh bread rolls, potatoes and salad. The glaze can be kept for up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator. It is such a quick and easy way to transform meat from regular meat to something a bit more special!

Enjoy x


Disclosure: I was sent the Jack Daniels Glaze to try for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x