Friday 12 June 2015

Swizzels Matlow Squashies

Who doesn't love a good sweet?

Sweets will no doubt be part of fond childhood memories. From going to the shop to buy sweets with pocket money to sharing a bag with school friends. Sweets are not just a delicious treat, but they also create memories.

Swizzels Matlow are running a campaign called Sweet Memories. Where you can win a weekly prize of a hamper full of Swizzels Matlow sweets. All you need to do is upload either a picture or a story (500 words) about your sweet memory.

My sweet memory is of visiting my Grandads newsagents or sweet shop as I used to call it. I remember being so excited to visit him in the sweet shop because not only did I get to see my beloved Grandad but I would also leave with a big bag of sweets. The amount of sweets that were in the shop always seemed to be huge! I remember shelves of sweets in jars that would run along the entire back wall. The jars were full of different colours, flavours, textures and delights. Then I remember there being rows and rows of chocolate bars and other sweets in front of the long counter. It really was a dream for any child to visit and have free run of!
To continue the family tradition my Mum and Dad, many years later, opened their own newsagent. This was a delight for me as an adult because I knew that it would mean that Joseph would grow up experiencing what I had as a child. It became a regular visit for us to go the their shop and Joseph always left laden down with sweets and treats.

That is my sweet memory. What is yours?



Do you see the hand trying to steal the sweets?

Swizzels Matlow have recently revamped some of their classic sweets into Squashies. They are soft, squashy versions of the originals and I have to admit that they are even better that the originals! It is impossible to have just one! I even had to hide a bag to stop Joseph eating them all. It was so hard to narrow down which my favourites were but I would have to say that I loved the Drumstick Original, Sour Cherry and Apple and Refreshers Squashies. The only one that I didn't like was the Drumstick Bubble Gum flavour, but I have never liked bubblegum flavour. However Joseph loved them! These are definitely sweets that the whole family will enjoy!

Disclosure: After meeting Swizzel Matlow at Blog On MOSI I was asked to promote their campaign and I received the Squashies to try for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All view, opinions and words are my own and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x