Monday 8 June 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 8th June 2015

It is meal planning Monday and what a way to start the week with the hubby and I deciding to change the way we eat. Which means I am researching and looking at a lot of recipes for ideas and tips. Plus my Deliciously Ella book is gradually becoming my bible! We have decided that we are going to eat as clean as possible, which means cutting out processed foods and going back to the way we were supposed to eat before all the processed foods came into our lives! We are also going over to only wholegrain pasta and rice! This is something I have wanted to do for a while so when the hubby suggested that we do it I was pleased.

Each year we grow as many vegetables and fruits as we can and this year we have even more planned. We grow all of our fruit and vegetables organically. Therefore until our own produce is ready we are also going over to organic fruit and vegetables.

This week I will be trying to use as many of the processed foods that I can so that next week we can start on our new eating plan.


Last week was a bit quiet on the recipe front. After our week away I am still getting back into a routine and everything turned around. However I did share these two delicious recipes...



Back to this week, this is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 8th June 2015

Roasted Chicken

As I was looking through the freezer I found both chicken legs and chicken drum sticks. So today I am going to be roasting the chicken pieces in raw coconut oil. This has been something I have wanted to try for a while but have been put off by the price. But at the weekend I decided to get some to try. If it is a success I will be sharing!

Sausage, Egg, and Bacon - Breakfast at Dinner

I also discover a lot of sausages. We also have a lot of eggs as our 3 chickens are all laying daily so a breakfast dinner will be the perfect way to get some used up.

Lamb Meatballs with Brown Rice

I will be cooking the meatballs in a tomato sauce with peppers, onions and mushrooms.

Pork Rump Joint

I will roast the pork and serve with potatoes, vegetables and an apple sauce.

Tuna Steaks

I love fish and we simply do not have it enough. This week we will be having tuna steaks on a bed of stir fried courgette noodles and stir fry vegetables.

As always I am sharing with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

mpm different fonts.png

3 comments:

  1. All sounds delicious :) I'm unsure whether to take the Deliciously Ella plunge, not sure how easy/cheap it'll be to get hold of the ingredients? How have you found it (if you don't mind me asking..)? Hope you have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything sounds fantastic!
    The Stroganoff Lasagne you had looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast dinner! One of my faves :D You can't go wrong cooking from scratch and knocking out processed foods. I've not perfected it completely but my diet is a hell of a lot better than it used to be, and we eat such a variety of delicious foods now. Going to have a look over at Deliciously Ella now, always do with more inspiration :) Oh and if the chicken in coconut oil doesn't work, don't worry there are a million and one things you can do with coconut oil, so it won't be wasted money :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x