Friday 19 June 2015

A Healthier Bacon Butty for Fathers Day!

As it is Fathers Day on Sunday Roberts Bakery have challenge me to create a good old bacon butty as a treat for Dad.

You may have read in previous posts that we are eating healthier as a family, so a traditional fried bacon butty really is a no go! Therefore to make it a bit healthier I have used gammon as opposed to fried bacon and added some healthy extras!

This is what I did...

 


Gammon, Lettuce, Tomato and Avocado Sandwich (A healthier bacon butty!)

To prepare the gammon place in a pre heated oven (170C fan) and cook for 30 minutes per 500g covered in foil and then an additional 30 minutes with the foil removed. I used a smoked gammon joint as the smokiness adds such a depth of flavour.

Once the gammon is cooked leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.

To prepare the sandwich take some deliciously soft and fluffy Roberts Bakery bread, lay some slices of the gammon, cover with lettuce, tomato and avocado.

This is a delicious yet healthier treat for dad this Fathers Day.

Roberts Bakery have created their own Bacon Butty Guide which you can find here!

Enjoy x


Disclosure: I was sent a package from Roberts Bakery for the purpose of this post. No payment was received. All views, opinions and words are my own and 100% honest.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x