Tuesday 30 June 2015

Sweetpea Pantry Review

Today I am sharing a delicious company, the Sweetpea Pantry.


Sweetpea Pantry have created some amazing baking kits. I am not usually a fan of cake and bake mixes however I did get really excited about Sweetpea Pantry mixes. You may be wondering what makes these mixes different. Sweetpea Pantry are not your regular mixes, they are 100% natural ingredients and contain superfoods!

Yes superfoods for kids!

Since we changed our diets we have been adding a lot of superfoods to our diets and I have been looking for ways to incorporate the goodness into meals and bakes that the children will also like. Sweetpea Pantry keep it simple, they only use 100% natural ingredients, cut down refined sugar and get as much goodness into each pack as possible.

They have created recipes and mixes that contain their favourite, full of goodness ingredients such as...
  • Barley
  • Buckwheat
  • Chia Seeds
  • Flax Seeds
  • Gluten Free ingredients
  • Honey/syrup
  • Ginger
  • Olive oil
  • Oats
  • Oregano
  • Quinoa
  • Raw Cacao
  • Rye
  • Sugar
  • Teff
  • Wholemeal flour
All of the above ingredients contain a common thread of whole grain, all natural, nutrient high with essential vitamins, minerals, good fibre and protein. All of these are essential for the healthy growth of bodies and minds.



One of the mixes that I was sent to try out was their Super Oat Flapjack. These are gluten free flapjacks that contain quinoa. Quinoa is a complete protein with all of the essential amino acids that are needed for growing and repairing body tissues.

The mix was so simple to make. This is what I did...

1 - Pre heat the oven to 180C

2 - Mix together the Sweetpea Pantry ingredients with 150g melted butter and 4tbsp honey

3 - Using your hands push the mixture firmly into a greased tin

4 - Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden

5 - Once baked remove from the oven and cut into pieces

The hardest part of this bake is leaving the flapjack until it is completely cooled! I will admit to trying some before it had cooled!

This flapjack is so ridiculously moreish. Once I had one piece I wanted more, as did the family. This has to be the best flapjack I have made. It was so delicious and guilt free!


Tomorrow I will be telling you how you can be in with the chance of winning a Yumbox of your choice and 3 Sweetpea Pantry mixes so do not forget to come back! I will also be sharing my review of Sweetpea Pantry's Chocolate Giggles next week!

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
We're going on an adventure

3 comments:

  1. They look so nice, looks like you have had a fun time making them x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mummy needs this! Won't cook, can't cook! Then hopefully she will make something for me! Great review #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of such healthy ingredients.
    Thanks for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x