Wednesday 3 June 2015

Creamy Stroganoff Lasagne - Family Favourites

I love lasagne, it really is one of my favourite pasta dishes. However the hubby cannot eat the rich tomato sauce that is used in a traditional lasagne recipe. This is why I created this dish. I wanted to make a lasagne that we could all enjoy. This dish certainly did not disappoint. Hence why it is now a family favourite.

We can now, all enjoy lasagne again!

Here is this weeks Family Favourites recipe...

Creamy Stroganoff Lasagne

Ingredients

300g thin steak, chopped (I used Tesco sizzle steak)
4 shallots, chopped
300g chestnut mushrooms, halved and sliced
250mls beef stock
1 tbsp tomato puree
300mls half fat creme fraiche
1/4tsp black pepper
Fresh lasagne sheets
50g Wensleydale cheese, crumbled
1 tin of condensed mushroom soup

Method

Pre heat the oven to 200C

1 - Dry fry the chopped steak with the shallots over a medium to high heat for 5 minutes, stirring often

2 - Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes

3 - Pour over the beef stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the beef stock has reduced by half

4 - Stir in the creme fraiche, tomato puree and black pepper, turn off the heat but keep the pan on the ring to keep hot

5 - Place the mushroom soup in a pan over a medium heat, mix in a quarter of a can of water into the soup and gently bring to the boil

6 - Spoon half of the beef mixture into an oven proof dish and lay over the fresh lasagne sheets

7 - Spoon on a layer of mushroom soup on top of the lasagne sheet followed by the remaining beef sauce, lasagne sheets and enough mushroom soup to cover the top

8 - Top with the crumbled Wensleydale cheese and place in the oven for 20 minutes


Dare I say it?

You bet I do!

I actually prefer this creamier version of lasagne to my much loved traditional version!


The creme fraiche along with the mushroom soup and the wensleydale cheese makes it so rich and creamy. It is perfect served with some tear and share garlic and cheese bread!



Enjoy x 

Sharing with Le Coin De Mel (who is hosting Tasty Tuesdays for Honest Mum) and A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week.

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week

4 comments:

  1. I really need to try cooking Lasagne! I love the sound of creme fraiche with the mushroom soup. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, love the sound of creamy mushrooms & steak. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this is a good spin on a two classic dishes Kirsty. i bet that tasted yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the sound of this (already creating a veggie version of it in my head!). We love lasagna in our house! #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x