Wednesday 25 November 2015

Christmas Activities with Lakeland

Now that they children have just over 3 weeks left at school before they break up for the Christmas holidays I thought that I would start to plan some activities to keep them busy during the week running up to Christmas. For us all I think that the week will drag as we eagerly await the excitement of Christmas day. So to help them pass the time I am planning to create a Christmas activity box to help keep them occupied and having fun.

So when Lakeland got in touch asking me if I would like to write about their Make-Your-Own range that they have released especially for Christmas I knew that it would be perfect for the activity box. I love Lakeland, it is one of my favourite homeware shops. I cannot walk past their shop without going in to explore everything that they have got. Yes, this also means that I cannot go in without spending! I have always found that the products that I have bought from Lakeland have been of the highest quality and have lasted really well.

As you can imagine I was so excited when I saw what they had sent to us. This is what we received...

First up are these great cookie cutters. I am in the process of creating a new Christmas cookie recipe which will be perfect for these. The great thing about these cookie cutters are that in you get 6 unique designs in the one cutter!

To create the different designs you simply use the cutter temple to cut the shape. In our case it will either be the Gingerbread House or the Gingerbread Boy shapes. To transfer your chosen design on to your biscuit you select the design that you wish to use and simply stamp the temple onto the biscuit dough so that the pattern is imprinted onto your biscuit. Having the pattern embossed onto the cookie makes decorating them so much easier.

For me, they are the ideal option. I have said before in the past that I am not the most artistic person when it comes to cookie and cake decorations. I am hoping that these cutters will change that! I am planning to make some of my best biscuits with these cutters! I love how they will also help the children to decorate their biscuits. I cannot wait to show you how we get on and share my delicious Christmas cookie recipe once I have perfected it!

Just look how amazing these cookies look on the Lakeland website!

Gingerbread House Cookie Cutters

Gingerbread Boy Cookie Cutters
Photographs courtesy of Lakeland

In the box we also received these fun looking Christmas Racers. They are part of Lakeland's Make-Your-Own range. I can already imagine how much fun these are going to be on Christmas day, I can just see us all sat around racing our characters. I will be giving these to Joseph to make for us ready for Christmas day. The kit comes with all of the materials and tools that you will need to make 4 Christmas characters out of super dough, 2 models of Santa and 2 snowmen. The pack even contains its own race track and trophy that you can cut out!

Lakeland have many other kits and Christmas activities available. I particularly love the build your own chocolate and gingerbread houses and the table tops games which are on 3 for 2 offer to name but a few. Seriously my list could go on and on!

Keep your eye out for how we get on with our Christmas cookies, see if the cutters have helped me become more creative with biscuit decoration and who wins the Christmas race in a few weeks!

Disclosure: I was sent the products pictured for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All views, words and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

2 comments:

  1. Oh brilliant I will have to check out aldi there are some great ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was too late for reading this post. If i could visit your site last year, it would be great for last Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x