Monday 16 November 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 16th November 2015

For this weeks meal plan I am trying something a little different. As we are trying to eat healthier I am planning to make three out of five meals meat free. I love meat free meals but the hubby has been less keen but recently he has wanted to have more meat free, healthier meals. So this week I am going to see how the hubby and children like a more meat free meal plan. I am simply going to replace meat for extra vegetables and lentils. I am hoping that with some beef or chicken stock everybody will be happy with their meals.

Yesterday I spent the morning going through a pile of healthy recipe books such as Deliciously Ella, Honestly Healthy and Jamie Oliver's new Everyday Super Food books for some inspiration. They are all full of so many delicious recipes and have given me so many fresh ideas!

Last week my posts were a mixture of both recipes and foodie tips. I shared these two delicious recipes:





I also shared tips on getting a good nights sleep and what food and drink can effect your night.

Back to this weeks meal plan. I am hoping that the meals that I have planned will be a success with everybody and I am looking forward to experimenting more with our meat free meals. Obviously, if they are a success I will be sharing them with you!

Week Commencing 16th November 2015

Monday - Meat free shepherds pie

Today I am planning to make a shepherds pie, using my regular recipe but substituting the mince beef for lentils. I will still be using a beef stock to cook the lentils.

Tuesday - Chicken and squash Hotpot

Tuesday is going to be a meat day and this week I will be making a casserole and serving it with pea and potato mash.

Wednesday - Veggie Pasta Bake

I am going to pack this pasta sauce with Mediterranean vegetables.

Thursday - Nut Roast

I love nut roasts but it is something which I have never made before. So when I saw a nut roast in Honestly Healthy for Life I knew that I had to give it a go!

Friday - Quinoa Mushroom and Tuna Risotto

We will definitely be keeping Fish Friday on the menu. This week I will be making a quinoa mushroom risotto and topping it with a tuna fillet.

Like normal I am not planning for the weekend, we will plan it together when the weekend arrives.

1 comment:

  1. Wow this all sounds delicious, my husband would struggle with meat free I think. The veggie pasta bake sounds really good x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x