Thursday 5 November 2015

Dorset Cereals New Bircher Muesli Mix

Breakfast really is the best way to start the day!

Making sure that you eat a healthy, balanced meal is what is important. Breakfasts not only kick start your metabolism for the day ahead, but it also gives you the energy to get going. Once you have had a good breakfast you are ready for the day ahead.

I do love to have a healthy breakfast which usually consists of a cup of coffee, my must have after a night of being up and down with the twins, followed by either muesli, porridge or a granola. I usually have these with either coconut or almond milk or fat free yogurt.

When I was approached by Dorset Cereals asking me to try their new Bircher Muesli Mix I was really excited to see what delicious breakfast they had come up with. I will admit that we do already love Dorset Cereals muesli and porridge and always have a box in the house. My hubby will not leave the house without a bowl of their fruity muesli!

When their package arrived with two different varieties for us to try I could not wait for breakfast time to arrive!

If you have not had bircher muesli or do not know what it is let me tell you a bit more...



Bircher muesli is made from fine cut oats and barley. They are carefully blended together with apple and either raspberries and blackcurrants or almonds and honey. What makes bircher muesli different is its creamy flavour. To unlock the flavour simply soak the cereal and give it time to release the delicious flavours and goodness. You can either leave the cereals to soak over night, which I have found the best way, or leave it to soak for 30 minutes. Simply soak in juice, add a dollop of yogurt and wait!

Yes I know waiting is the hard part but, wow, it really is worth the wait!


On the back of the box, Dorset Cereals recommend soaking the bircher muesli mix in apple juice and plain yogurt. I did start off with this recipe but I had a lot of fun trying different juice and yogurt combinations with both varieties. I thought that I would share with you today my favourite combinations that I have found so far! The beauty of this cereal is that you can transform it so easily by adding different flavours, adding extra fruits, nuts or seeds. There are so many possible ways to enjoy Dorset Cereals bircher muesli mix, I know that I am going to enjoy continuing experimenting with flavours and additions! Bircher can also be soaked in water so if you would like to have more of the yogurt flavours coming through simply replace the juice with water. Bircher can also be made up in a big batch and will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days! This really makes a quick and easy breakfast as it has all been prepared the night before!


Here are my favourite combinations so far...

Dorset Cereals Bircher Muesli Mix - Raspberries and Blackcurrants


Ingredients

25g or 1 scoop of Dorset Cereals Bircher Muesli Mix - Raspberry and Blackcurrant
70mls or 2/3 of a scoop Cranberry Juice
50g or 1 scoop Plain Yogurt with Coconut


Method

Simply place the bircher muesli in a bowl, pour over the cranberry juice and stir in the plain yogurt with coconut and leave it to soak. Then enjoy a bowl of fruity goodness with a tropical hint of coconut!

Dorset Cereals Bircher Muesli Mix - Almond and Honey


Ingredients

25g or 1 scoop of Dorset Cereals Bircher Muesli Mix - Almond and Honey
70mls or 2/3 of a scoop Lemon and Ginger Juice
50g or 1 scoop Plain Yogurt with Almond



Method

Simply place the bircher muesli in a bowl, pour over the lemon and ginger juice and stir in the plain yogurt with almond and leave it to soak. Then enjoy the creamy, nutty, citrus cereals with a kick of ginger to really get you going!


Dorset Cereals are offering a free scoop with special packs, this means that you can forget the weights and just use the correct measures with the scoop!


I really am excited about this new cereal that is on the market. With regular cereals I do get bored of the same flavours every day but with Dorset Cereals Bircher Mix I can change the flavour combinations as much as I like with just the one or two boxes of cereals! I would thoroughly recommend that you try this deliciously good, healthy cereal.

Disclosure: I was sent the cereals to try for the purpose of this post and received a voucher to purchase additional ingredients. All views, words and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x