Monday 2 November 2015

Raspberry Cranachan - A Scottish Recipe to Celebrate the Release of Outlander Series 1 on DVD and Blu-Ray

When my oven broke I had to think of new non bake sweet treats.

This was a pudding that I first made on Burns Night and as it was such a success I decided to make another one and adapted a few of the quantities to our taste.

We love the combination of the cream and fruit with the whisky that gives the cream an extra kick!

This is definitely an adult only pudding which would be perfect for a date night!

This is what I did...

Raspberry Cranachan

Ingredients

400g raspberries
400mls double cream
40g Scottish Oatmeal
1tsp caster sugar
3tbsp single malt whisky

Method

1 - Heat the oatmeal in a dry frying pan until they are toasted and smell nutty, remove from the heat to cool

2 - Mash the raspberries, keeping a few whole one for the top, and add the caster sugar to sweeten

3 - Whisk the double cream until stiff

4 - Mix the cooled oatmeal and whisky into the cream until evenly combined

5 - Layer the raspberries and cream in serving glasses and top with the whole raspberries

6 - Place the puddings into the fridge and leave to cool for about 30 minutes

This pudding is a real treat and is always a winner in our house.

I have also made this using a mixture of raspberries and blueberries but any berries that you may like would also work!

Enjoy x


 

This Scottish recipe is my entry to the Outlander Series 1 Scottish Recipe competition. Outlander series 1 is now available to buy on DVD and Blu-ray!

Picture is courtesy of Sony Pictures at Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x