Wednesday 25 November 2015

Leftover Beef and Bean Hotpot Pie

A few weeks ago I made a delicious Slow Cooked Beef and Bean Hotpot. One thing that I love about cooking a large slow cooked meal are the leftovers. Leftovers make such great second meals and I always enjoy transforming them into a completely new dish.

I always find that leftover meals are so flavoursome and I often find that the meals taste even better the second time around.

When I had some leftovers from my Beef and Bean Hotpot I knew the perfect way to transform this meal was into a cottage pie style meal. Cottage pie meals are always a huge success in our house and a meal that the children always love.

This is what I did...


Leftover Beef and Bean Hotpot Pie

Ingredients

Leftover beef and bean hotpot
1 courgette, quartered and sliced
1 aubergine, peeled and chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 leek, halved and sliced
500g potatoes, chopped
25g cheese, grated
1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
Spray oil

Method

1 - Place the chopped potatoes in a pan of boiling water and leave to simmer until softened

2 - While the potatoes are cooking heat some spray oil in a deep saute pan and gently fry the onions for 5 minutes

3 - Add the courgette, aubergine and leeks and fry gently for 5 minutes stirring regularly

4 - Pour over the tin of tomatoes and add the leftover beef and bean hotpot sauce, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 10 minutes

5 - Once the potatoes have softened drain and mash them

6 - Pour the sauce into an oven proof dish and top with the mashed potatoes and scatter over the grated cheese and place under a high grill until the cheese has melted and serve






This is such a delicious meal which will become a firm family favourite.


Enjoy x

CookBlogShare
Link up your recipe of the week
Casa Costello
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

2 comments:

  1. How delicious is that-love using leftovers too. Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x