Monday 9 November 2015

CookBlogShare - Week 16 The Pumpkin Round Up

At this time of year I love pumpkins. I love squash throughout the year but do enjoy being able to buy culinary pumpkins when Halloween comes around. I have got a pumpkin waiting to be used in either a sweet or savoury dish, I am still undecided so when I saw four delicious pumpkin recipes on last weeks CookBlogShare I knew that I had found this weeks four favourite recipes for my round up post.

Last week there were 20 lovely recipes linked up. They were a mixture of sweet and savoury dishes and I was delighted to see the first Christmas recipe from Snap Happy Bakes, a festive 3D Christmas tree made of Gingerbread Biscuits with Lemon Icing. As soon as I saw the post I will admit to getting excited about all of the Christmas recipes that will no doubt be coming up! I love Christmas and all of the festive flavours and cannot wait to get cooking some treats!

Anyway before I get too carried away, lets get back to week 16 of Cook Blog Share. Here are my four favourite pumpkin recipes...

First up is this fun Pumpkin Cake Tutorial from A Strong Coffee. I would love to be good at cake decorations but I really am not! This cake is a perfect treat for this time of year and this post has a great step by step guide on how to create this cake!

Next up is this delicious sounding Pumpkin Toffee-Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from The Gluten Free Alchemist. What is there not to love about pumpkin and toffee apple combined with a caramel cream cheese frosting. Oh wow, I really do think that this cake MUST be made!

The next pumpkin recipe I chose was this classic Pumpkin Pie from The Free From Fairy. I am loving the addition of the coconut ingredients in this recipe and how it is a yummy free from recipe!

Finally I had to chose the Spicy Pumpkin and Cranberry Chutney from Tales from the Kitchen Shed. This recipe did get me excited about Christmas. If made now it will be ready to enjoy in 6 weeks, which is Christmas! This chutney would take centre stage on any Christmas cheeseboard. This is going to have to be made!!!

Thank you to everyone who joined in with last weeks CookBlogShare. It is fantastic to have so many of you returning each week. I really do look forward to seeing what you have been up to.

This week CookBlogShare is hosted by Hayley at Snap Happy Bakes so get ready to share what you have been cooking up!

CookBlogShare

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me - trust me all my decorations are easy! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious round up! I'm especially hooked on the Gluten Free Pumpkin Toffee - Apple Cake!
    Lovely round-up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my Pumpkin Chutney Kirsty. I love the pumpkin theme, especially the Pumpkin Toffee Apple Cake x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are number 1 in MathCad help. This is leading website for getting the Mathcad Homework & MathCad Assignment Help taken from. We also provide Tutors for Mathcad as well as do complete projects of mathcad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x