Wednesday 21 January 2015

Pesto Stuffed Chicken - Family Favourites

This week I am sharing a hand me down recipe. This is a meal that my mum first cooked and one that we have adopted as a Family Favourite in our house. My mum makes hers using red pesto but we prefer the green pesto, but it can be changes depending on taste.

This recipe is a quick and easy way to give chicken breasts a delicious make over and transform it into something more special.

Here is this weeks Family Favourites recipe...


Pesto Stuffed Chicken

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts
8 rashers of bacon
1 large portabello mushroom, sliced
8 tsp green pesto

Method

1 - Pre heat the oven to 180C

2 - Slice the chicken breast three quarters of the way across to create a pocket

3 - Place 2 teaspoons of green pesto on to the bottom half of the chicken breast and spread evenly

4 - Arrange slices of mushrooms on top of the pesto

5 - Wrap 2 slices of bacon around the chicken breast and secure with a cocktail stick

6 - Place the chicken breast in the centre of the preheated oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked

Serve with potatoes, vegetables or salad.


The pesto in the centre adds a depth of flavour to the chicken and also keeps it lovely and moist. This recipe is a huge hit with everyone here, adults and children alike!


Enjoy x

I am sharing my recipe with Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays and A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week

5 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. I'm always on the lookout for easy and quick chicken recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won a bottle of pesto and now I'm know what to do it! Thanks. #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that looks so so delicious! I love the combo of chicken and pesto...and bacon. In fact that is like a dream meal to me! Hope you are well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and how healthy too, the perfect, tasty low GI meal, love it! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious!, one to add to the try list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x