Monday 19 January 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 19th January 2015

Last weeks meal plan was a huge success and this week I will be sharing two of the meals that I cooked. They will be...

Paella

Pesto Chicken
This week I am trying to get through some of the meat and fish that I have in the freezer so that I can stock up with some different meat and fish in a couple of weeks.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 19th January 2015

Grilled Salmon and Stir Fry

I will be grilling the salmon with a little coconut and chilli sauce over the top and served with stir fry cooked in the remaining sauce.

Cottage Pie

This is a traditional cottage pie without the mashed potato. As I am on a diet I will be replacing the potato with mashed swede and celeriac. This is an idea that I got from Slimming World.

Mediterranean Vegetable Frittata

This frittata will contain red onions, courgettes, peppers and mushrooms. It will be served with potatoes and salad for the children and hubby. I will have it with just a side salad.

Turkey Dinner

When I went to the market a couple of weeks ago they had all of their turkey crowns on offer. I love turkey so could not pass this offer by. I bought a huge turkey crown and they cut it in half for me. I will cook one of the halves which should give us 2 meals and some meat for sandwiches. On Thursday we will have a good old turkey dinner with vegetables.

Leftover Turkey and Vegetable Stew

This is a recipe that I have seen on the Slimming World site but am adapting to our tastes.

Pulled Pork

On Saturday I am planning to do a pulled pork in the slow cooker. I will be serving it with bread rolls, salad and coleslaw.

As always I am sharing my Weekly Meal Plan with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday.

mpm different fonts.png


14 comments:

  1. We were talking about topping Cottage pie with swede today at Slimming world - I normally do a mix of parsnip, swede and carrot when I fancy a change, although someone else said they'd done whizzed up cauliflower! Sounds like a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of cauliflower mash too but never tried it. Its a good idea adding parsnips too x

      Delete
  2. The vegetable frittata sounds delicious! Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that there are so many fellow SW attendees joining in, gives me lots of ideas x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! We love pulled pork here! All of your meals sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh grilled salmon with stir fry is one of my favourite meals, wish Mr G would eat more fish! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fish and keep meaning to have it more often x

      Delete
  6. I love turkey too, and pulled pork! Yum x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh yummy meals the vegetable fritata sounds fab x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x