Monday 26 January 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - 26th January 2015

This week I have really got to think about my meal plan. On Saturday my cooker decided to stop working. Thankfully the hob still works but I have no oven. However every cloud has a silver lining, as the oven has broken it means I can get my dream range oven sooner than planned!

This week's meals will be cooked on the hob and I also have my slow cooker so I am sure I will manage. If I desperately need an oven my mum and dad are only down the road and I'm sure I'll be able to use their oven if need be.

This is what we will be enjoying this week.

Week Commencing 26th January 2015

Thin Beef Steaks

I love minute steaks as they are so quick to cook and are always tender cuts of meat. I will season the steaks before frying and will serve with homemade chips (thankfully I have a hot air fryer!) and beans for the children and hubby. I will be having my steak with salad.

Lentils and Roots

This meal uses green lentils as a base and is jam packed with root vegetables and finished with crispy bacon.

Slow Cooked Turkey

I had a turkey dinner planned last week however the meat didn't get taken out of the freezer so there was a slight change. This week I will be cooking the turkey breast in my slow cooker. I have never cooked it this way so it will be good to see how the flavour differs.

Leftover Turkey Curry

There will no doubt be a lot of leftover turkey so I will transform it into a good old leftover curry.

Meatballs

I am going to make some meatballs in a tomato and vegetable sauce with pasta.

As always I am sharing my Weekly Meal Plan with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday.

mpm different fonts.png

3 comments:

  1. That still looks like an awesome menu, despite having no cooker! Hope it all goes well, it sounds delicious :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic meal plan considering you have no oven! Everything sounds great! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow cooker to the rescue! Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x