Friday 2 January 2015

Word of the Week - My #embracehappy Word of 2015

For this weeks Word of the Week I thought I would make it my Word of the Year.

I have been part of a fantastic Facebook group called Embrace Happy since it started but have not been active because of my depression and anxiety. However I am now taking control of my feelings and emotions and am taking part in daily recording my #3goodthings for each day. I am hoping that this will help me start the year as I mean to go on.

My Word of the Day/Year is...

POSITIVITY

I have chosen positivity because I am going to leave the negativity behind and look to the future. Today is also a special day as it would have been my grandad's birthday and I know that he would want me to be positive.

I do not believe in new years resolutions as they never seem to last. However I am looking at starting the year better than it ended. We have had a lot of hurt during the last 3 years due to loosing my grandparents.

This year has to be better and I am sure that we will make it a better year.

I am going to get over the depression and anxiety and stop taking the medication.

We will be seeing huge changes in our home and will be starting to plan an extension to create the perfect living area. This will include extra bedrooms so that the twins will have their own space.

We have a holiday planned.

I am going to Blog On MOSI and Brit Mums this year which I cannot wait for.

There are so many positive things planned already.

The sign below is now on my kitchen wall to keep me up and to remind me that things aren't as hard as they sometimes seem.


Embrace Happy is a fantastic group of people that have been brought together by the lovely Karin who created #embracehappy. This group has made me start identifying the positive things that happen during the day, no matter how small or insignificant. All of the little positives make a huge difference. I thoroughly recommend that you check out the website or join the Facebook page.

As always I am sharing my Word of the Week with the lovely Jocelyn from The Reading Residence.

The Reading Residence

8 comments:

  1. This is all so very positive, Kirsty, which is wonderful to read. Sounds like you've lots of great plans for this year, and I do like the idea of recording the 3 good things each day, too. Best of luck with it, and a Happy New Year to you x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going Kirsty :-) I too suffer with anxiety and have decided that this year I will be more positive and happy. It's not an easy process is it, trying to change? Baby steps and we'll get there. Good luck XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic word- so glad you've found the strength and a route to happiness. I look forward to hearing how your plans progress, and hope to see you at Blog On MOSI. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely little support network hon. What a great first word of the new year, so positive xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww what a nice way to welcome 2015! Happy New Year! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Kirsty, here's to a positive and peaceful year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great word and I'm sure with such positivity you're going to do it. In any case you've said it publicly now, so you'll have to ;) wishing you every success this year xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x