Monday 5 January 2015

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 5th January 2015

This week the healthy eating returns after a break over Christmas. As I have been eating a lot of unhealthy foods and drinking alcohol I am having a detox week of lots of fruit and vegetables and drinking endless water.

After a busy few weeks and spending over Christmas I am starting to go back to the market for our fresh foods. I stopped going before when my depression started and it was just easier to get it delivered. However the organic delivery that I was getting is a lot more expensive, almost double the cost! After a trip to the market last week I was reminded why I started buying there in the first place. It is not only cheaper but fantastic quality. Plus the children loved the trip out looking for the different vegetables. With this in mind I am going to be serving more vegetarian meals each week.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 5th January 2015

Leftover Roast Beef

Today the hubby had requested leftover beef with homemade chips and beans. As I am now detoxing I will be having a warm beef salad.

Italian Meatball Bake

As I didn't get round to cooking this last week we will be having it this week. You can see my recipe for this dish in my Mediterranean Meatballs recipe post.

Mushroom Pearl Barley Risotto

This is a definite favourite of ours. I simply replace the rice for pearl barley.

Bean Stew

This will be mixed vegetables and beans. This is a new dish which I am looking forward to.

Fish

At the moment I am not too sure how I am going to serve the fish but we will be having fish on Friday.

As usual I am not planning the weekends meals.

I am sharing my Weekly Meal Plan with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

mpm different fonts.png

21 comments:

  1. Ooh italian meatball bake sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am planning to share my recipe this week x

      Delete
  2. Mmm... Leftover roast is so yummy! Sounds like a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Everything sounds so good....I do love the leftovers from a roast on a Monday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leftovers are one of the best things about Sunday roast :-) x

      Delete
  4. Sounds great. Good luck with the detox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh please do share the meatball bake recipe - definitely one we'd love in our house! It all looks YUM, have a great week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mushroom Pearl Barley Risotto sounds brilliant! I love risotto but always feel guilty eating all the stodge so I really want to try this. Does it cook in the same way as risotto rice...adding stock and stirring lots? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I cook it differently to risotto rice but it is simple. I just cook in stock then add the fillings. I will share my recipe on the blog x

      Delete
  7. Everything sounds lovely, I love leftover roast too, I always make enough to plate up leftovers. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, leftovers are a must for a Sunday roast x

      Delete
  8. Lovely winter menu you have. Look forward to seeing the meatball recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The link to my meatballs recipe is now in my meal plan above x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must try a pearl barley risotto myself one day. Hope it was tasty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds lovely, thanks for joining in x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x