Friday 30 October 2015

Spooky Halloween Dinner - Severed Fingers in Mash

Halloween is here and it is a time of year that we can have some fun with food. As it is half term for the children I thought it would be fun to serve them a spooky lunch.

This meal is so effective and so easy to make and is always a winner with children! Today I am going to show you how to turn sausages and mash into spooky severed fingers in mash!

This is what I did...


Severed Fingers in Mash

Ingredients

Chipolata sausages
Mashed potatoes
Tomato ketchup

Method

1 - Cook the potatoes and sausages

2 - Mash the potatoes

3 - Cut the sausages in half and using a paring knife gently cut out a nail shape at the end of the rounded end of the sausage

4 - Using either a teaspoon or your finger, which I found to be easier, place a little ketchup in the nail shape, do this with all of the sausage halves


5 - Place a spoon full of mash on the plate and put some tomato ketchup along the middle, this will be the blood from the severed fingers!



6 - Stick the sausage fingers in the mash and serve the spooky dish to your little devils and witches!

My little spooks loved this scary meal, they had so much fun eating it and I had a lot of fun making it for them! Don't forget you can also find some fruity treats here and some healthy treats here

Hope you have fun this Halloween!


Janine's Little World

3 comments:

  1. Great idea my kids will love this. Happy Halloween :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. I'm sure the kids will love it. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x