Wednesday 28 October 2015

Extension Update - A Dining Area to Plan

You may remember a while ago I mentioned that we were planning to extend our house. Things are still going ahead but it will now be next year when we get the work completed. We have also changed our mind on the use of the extension. 

Originally we had planned for the new area to be and kitchen, dining and living area. Now that we have had all of the plans drawn up we are not too sure if there will be sufficient room to make the extension everything that we wanted in one area. At first I was disappointed but after a lot of thought we have a solution that will work better for all of us and maximise the space.

The extension will be built onto the back to the house, as previously planned and the area will be a living area and the kitchen will be open plan. But we will now change our current living room into a large dining room.

Therefore I now have an extra room to plan for!

This is both exciting and a bit daunting!

Even though we are not getting the work completed until next year my mind is already full of ideas! What furniture I would like, what colours to pick, what style to go for, what carpet to select and what blinds to go for.

The list is becoming endless!

Here are my ideas so far...

Pictures courtesy of VELUX Blinds, Next and CarpetRight

Furniture

With regard to furniture I have always loved oak. I have visions that our ideal dining room will consist of a large oak table. One that is big enough to sit the whole family round when we have visitors. This will be the perfect area for eating together, spending quality time together and entertaining. I saw some lovely pieces of oak furniture when we visited Rodgers of York last year.

Colours

Purple is a favourite colour of ours. We had the colour theme of purple and ivory at our wedding and I would love to continue with these colours in our dining room. I imagine a bold, modern, floral wallpaper on a feature wall and light coloured walls. I love the shade of purple on the VELUX blind pictured above!

Carpet

We would definitely have carpet. I am not a fan of wooden floors as they always seem cold. We would probably have a light coloured carpet fitted and maybe a large rug that would co-ordinate with the wallpaper colours.

These are the basic ideas so far. Once these have been decided we can then plan any accessories, tableware and wall decorations. I am also hoping to create my own little blogging area complete with my own desk. A little area just for me!

Obviously I will write about how it all goes!

Disclosure: This is a collaborative post. All words, views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x