Friday 23 October 2015

Breakfast Frittata

Watching what you eat doesn't always mean you have to miss out on the foods that you love. Following the Slimming World plan has shown me this. By adapting and swapping a few ingredients you can enjoy meals that you love, and what the whole family will eat!

So when I really fancied a good old fry up I decided to make it with a healthy twist!

This delicious, traditional English breakfast inspired frittata contains just 1 syn per average serving containing 2 vegetarian sausages. I replaced the higher syn content sausages with tasty vegetarian ones and replaced bacon with healthier turkey rashers which are syn free!

I also found that this was a great meal to use up a lot of eggs! We have recently had lot of eggs that needed using up. Having three chickens mean that they soon mount up!

This is what I did...


Low Syn Breakfast Frittata (serves 4 - 5)

Ingredients

6 vegetarian sausages, cut into thirds (I used Secret Sausages Cumberland)
6 turkey, thickly sliced
100g mushrooms, sliced
1 onion
4 tomatoes
8 eggs
Spray oil

Method

1 - Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and spray with oil

2 - Gently brown off the pieces of vegetarian sausages in the pan along with the onions and turkey rashers

2 - Add the mushrooms and cook for five minutes

3 - Pour the beaten eggs into the pan making sure that all of the other ingredients are covered and leave for 10 minutes or until the egg is starting to set on the top


4 - To finish cooking, place the pan under a grill turned on to a high heat

5 - After 5 minutes remove from the grill and serve


This is such a versatile dish, it really can be serves with whatever you may fancy. We enjoyed it with mashed potatoes and baked beans which made it a real comforting plate of food! It would also go well with a jacket potato and salad or even cold the following day!

This is a fantastic meal if you are following the Slimming World plan. The vegetarian sausages that I used, Secret Sausages, contain just half a syn per sausage! I had 2 sausages so this meal only contained 1 syn!


Enjoy x
CookBlogShare

3 comments:

  1. I never have much luck with Fritatta it always adheres its self to the pan even though its a none stick one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never have much luck with Fritatta it always adheres its self to the pan even though its a none stick one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving Fritatta right now, Mr M has been whipping them up and popping them out like nobodies business! Absolutely delicious. Quick, easy, endless flavour combinations and potential :-)
    YUM! And for breakfast - yes please!

    Thanks for linking up to #CookBlogShare ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x