Thursday 15 October 2015

Welsh Lamb Curry for National Curry Week

What more of excuse do we need to enjoy a curry? It is National Curry Week so we have to make a curry or two, it would be rude not to!

I will admit to usually making either chicken or beef curries. I tend to use what ever is leftover from a Sunday dinner and make our favourite leftover curry. So when I was asked if I would like to make a curry using Welsh Lamb I could not wait to try it out. We all love lamb but simply do not have it enough.

This National Curry Week I decided to make a curry which marinades the lamb to ensure that the all of the flavours are deep in the lamb.

This is what I did...


Welsh Lamb Curry

Ingredients

450g Welsh Lamb, diced
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cinnamon
Juice of half a lemon
400g fat free natural yogurt
60mls coconut milk
Spray oil

Method

1 - Place 250g of fat free natural yogurt in a mixing bowl and stir in all of the spices and lemon juice

2 - Place the diced Welsh lamb in a large bowl and mix in the curry yogurt sauce


3 - Cover the bowl and leave in the fridge for at least 4 hours, if possible prepare in the morning a leave to marinade all day

4 - Spray a little oil in a large frying pan and place the pieces of diced Welsh lamb in the pan and gently fry for 10 minutes, turning regularly

5 - Stir in the coconut milk into the remaining curry yogurt and pour into the frying pan, reduce the heat, cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes

6 - Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining yogurt and serve with rice and naan breads





Disclosure: I was sent some Welsh lamb for the purpose of this post. I was compensated for the ingredients and my time. All words, views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.
CookBlogShare

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good. I don't eat lamb myself but I know that my husband and kids would absolutely love this. I'll have to see if I can sneak any veggies into the sauce! Thanks for linking up with #CookBlogShare this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x