Tuesday 6 October 2015

Rowse Campaign For Real Manuka - Warming Chamomile Pick Me Up!

If you are into "superfoods" you will no doubt be aware of how great Mankua honey is.


If you do not know what Manuka honey is or what the benefits are from Mankua honey, let me explain a little bit more.

Mankua honey comes from bees who forage the Manuka bush in New Zealand. It has been used for decades by the Maori community in New Zealand who swear by its healing and anti bacterial properties. It can be used to fight off colds and illnesses as well as boost you immunity and can even help skin conditions.

But, that is not all it can be used for.

It is also great for digestion, boosts your energy levels in a natural way and can even be used as an anti inflammatory!

I was amazed by how good this honey is for our bodies.

When buying Mankua honey it is essential that you look for the NPA grade. The higher the grade, the higher the purity and concentration of the Manuka. I was recently sent a jar of Rowse Manuka Honey NPA 15+ to use in creating a drink. With the weather being as it is I decided to make a warming drink that will help chase away the cold blues and will soothe a sore throat and cough.

Here is my Warming Chamomile Pick Me Up.



Warming Chamomile Pick Me Up

Ingredients - per cup

250mls boiling water
1 tsp chamomile flowers or a good quality chamomile tea bag
1 tbsp Manuka honey
1 slice of lemon
30mls rum

Method

1 - Pour the boiling water over the chamomile flowers or tea bag and leave to brew for 3 - 5 minutes depending on how strong you like the chamomile

2 - Spoon in the Manuka honey and stir until thoroughly dissolved

3 - Pour in the rum and add a slice of lemon, put your feet up and let the Manuka honey pick you up!


Of course this drink can be made without the rum, but if you are feeling really down it does add an extra warmth to the drink. The honey has a lovely intense flavour which combines perfectly with the chamomile tea which a purely relaxing drink.


So next time you are feeling down with a sore throat or a cough replace the traditional medicines with a warm drink with Manuka in for a natural cure.

Enjoy x 



Disclosure: I was sent a jar of Rowse Manuka NPA 15+ for the purpose of this post. I was compensated for my time.
CookBlogShare
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

6 comments:

  1. Your drink sounds lovely with honey and rum, perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, sounds perfect to ward off colds and help those unwell, love manuka here too. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I with I liked honey as I've heard about how beneficial it can be and my mother in law swears by it. When I next have a cold i'll definitely make a warm drink with it and give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like the perfect pick me up with the onset of colds and coughs and in fact just to make you feel lovely and warm from the inside, thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like something that would definitely pick you up. I love manuka honey but recently we've started getting raw local honey and that's fab as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. i bet that is really soothing Kirsty x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x