Tuesday 13 October 2015

Tempt Chocolate Book Review and Recipe for National Chocolate Week

Don't you just love it when a national week is a food which you love! This week is both National Chocolate Week and National Curry Week!

Two foods which are great!


I was recently sent a copy of Tempt from Parragon Books. Tempt is a book dedicated to everything chocolate. It is full of decadent and delicious chocolate recipes from fudge to biscuits, from cakes to slabs, from ice creams to puddings. Every page will make your mouth water and your tummy rumble. I completely intend to make as many of these recipes as I can.

When it came to selecting a recipe to try I will admit to changing my mind many a time. In the end I decided to make Plain Chocolate and Peanut Butter Energy Balls. I selected this recipe as I love peanut butter and find that if you purchase the right sort of peanut butter it really is good for you and can provide you with a natural source of energy. The recipe also includes linseed and I decided to add my own different ingredients. I have altered the ingredients slightly to accommodate the added extras. But you can find the original recipe in this delicious book which is available to buy in Waterstones and WHSmith.

This is what I did...

Plain Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Hazelnut Energy Balls

Ingredients

50g ground almonds
100g chunky 100% pure peanut butter
50g smooth no added sugar organic peanut butter
20g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
3tbsp linseeds
1tbsp chia seeds
30g plain chocolate 85% cocoa solids, finely chopped
A pinch of sea salt
1tbsp raw cacao powder

Method

1 - Place the peanut butters, hazelnuts, linseeds, chia seeds and chocolate in a mixing bowl and mix together

2 - Add 40g of the ground almonds and mix thoroughly until you have a rough clay consistency. I found it easier to bring the ingredients together using my hands

3 - Mix together the remaining ground almonds with the raw cacao on a plate

4 - Using your hands form about 8 balls of mixture and roll them in the ground almonds and raw cacao


5 - Place the balls in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before eating


The balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days, if they last that long! These balls are delicious bites that will not leave you feeling guilt ridden!







Disclosure: I am a Parragon Book Buddy and receive books to review. No cash payment was received. All views, words and opinion are my own and 100% honest.

CookBlogShare
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea for a book. I can well see why you plan to make as many of the recipes as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am tempted to make these, they look lovely and the book looks fab as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book looks like one I need!!! I love chocolate! I made some peanut butter and chocolate slices yesterday...similar to this but with oats in. I can't leave them alone which is a bit of an issue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book looks like one I need!!! I love chocolate! I made some peanut butter and chocolate slices yesterday...similar to this but with oats in. I can't leave them alone which is a bit of an issue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you made the healthiest recipe in the book! These sound lovely, as does the rest of the book. Thanks for linking up with #CookBlogShare this week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://binarymetabot.com/the-ultimate-paracord-survival-kit-review/



    http://rockthestock.biz/the-ultimate-paracord-survival-kit-review/



    Authored by Kat Richardson, The Greywalker Series is based around the life of the protagonist Harper Blaine. Harper gets killed while pursuing a case, though her 'death' lasts only for two minutes as she is brought back to life by the miracles of modern medicine. However, once she is revived, she discovers that she now has a new ability, namely being able to move through the realm that separates our world from the afterworld.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant title for a book. The peanut butter balls sound delightful - guilt free pleasure :) I'm linking this up to my National Chocolate Week post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh i like the look of your balls - i bet they tasted delicious x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x