Friday 16 October 2015

National Chocolate Week - My Favourite Chocolate Recipes

As it is National Chocolate Week I thought it would be good to look back at my previous chocolate posts and share with you my favourite ones. It is also a chance for me to remember the older recipes and get baking them again!

I have also searched through some of my favourite foodie bloggers sites and have listed my favourites that I thought you should really check out!

After looking back through my posts here are my eight favourite chocolate recipes...



  1.  Chocolate Cake with Added Goodness - This is a recent bake that I love everything about. Yes it is chocolate but it is less guilt ridden as it contains some hidden goodness from raw cacao, chia seeds and cranberries. Even the raw cacao creme patissiere is dairy free!
  2. Chocolate Mint Cake - One of my favourite chocolate combinations has to be chocolate and mint. I love how the refreshing mint flavours transform a regular chocolate cake.
  3. Black Forest Gateaux - Black forest gateaux really does not need to be a daunting bake to make. In this recipe I show you how you can easily recreate this traditional dessert.
  4. Leftover Chocolate Cupcakes - After Easter and Christmas there are always some chocolates leftover. These are the unloved ones that no body in our family likes, so each time we are left with them. This recipe shows how you can make the unloved chocolates loved again, in a cupcake!
  5. Easy Chocolate Tart - Chocolate tarts are another bake which many dread trying to make, I know I did, before I made my own that is. This recipe is an easy way to prepare a delicious tart that will please all of the family!
  6. Coconut Bounty Cake -  This cake is not only gluten free but also free of refined sugar and dairy free. Therefore it really cannot be that bad for you! The delicious coconut sponge combined with the chocolate ganache and coconut topping it is a perfect take on a great chocolate bar.
  7. Chocolate and Vanilla Schichttorte - Until last years bake off this was a cake that I had never heard of. Yes it was a tricky cake to make as you really do need to have patience on your side but it is such a deliciously light cake. It must go on my to bake again list!
  8. White Chocolate and Raspberry Cake - Of course we cannot forget white chocolate. This cake has to be an all time favourite. The white chocolate adds such a creamy flavour to the sponge then paired with the tartness from the raspberries it really is a match made in heaven! Truly scrumptious!


You really must check out these other chocolate recipes...

Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake from Mummy Mishaps
Chocolate Beetroot Cake from Sneaky Veg
Chocolate Milkshake Cookies from Baking Queen 74
Toblerone Mousse from Snap Happy Bakes
The Best Chewy Chocolate Cookies from Mummy Constant
Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcakes from Julies Family Kitchen

I hope you enjoy National Chocolate Week and have enjoyed the excuse to eat a little bit more chocolate! I know I have!

Enjoy x

CookBlogShare

8 comments:

  1. What a great collection of recipes Kirsty :-) I remember reading the leftover chocolate cupcakes one when you posted it! I'm hoping there will be some random chocs left over this Xmas!
    And a massive thank you for featuring my Toblerone Mousse! Glad you liked it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah what yummy recipes and a great week to celebrate too. 😬

    Thank you for featuring my recipe too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you've made some lovely chocolate recipes. I've got to try that chocolate bounty cake asap! Thanks so much for including my chocolate beetroot cake x

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. thanks for linking this up with #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, what a lovely group of recipes! The white chocolate and raspberry cake looks delicious. thanks for including my cookies! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your white chocolate and raspberry cake looks scrummy! That's exactly the sort of combinations of flavours I'd go for. Thanks for including my 'free from' recipe in your round-up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM!! And thanks for the mention honey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you Kirsty for including my recipe. i cannot believe that national chocolate week kind of passed me by!!! darn it!! that chocolate an coconut cake of yours is a winner with me and your neat layers of your GBBO inspired schichtorte was fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x