Saturday 25 April 2015

Curried Chicken and Mango Wraps

Now that the weather has become sunnier I love to go back to lighter meals.

We always enjoy curry but sometimes I want something a bit lighter. That is why I came up with this quick and easy meal that is full of flavour and low on calories!

It can be easily enjoyed as a main meal accompanied by salad and potatoes or as a tasty lunch. For the curry coating I have used Knorr's Curry Flavour Pot. They are such a quick and easy way to add extra flavour to dishes.

This is what I did...



Curried Chicken and Mango Wrap

Ingredients serves 4

4 Chicken breasts
8 tortilla wraps
200g iceberg lettuce, shredded
8tsp mango chutney
3 Knorr Curry Flavour Pots
3tbsp olive oil

Method

1 - Butterfly the chicken breast but placing your hand over the breast and slice through

2 - Cover the chicken pieces with cling film and roll over with a rolling pin to flatten out

3 - Place the contents of the Knorr Flavour Pots in a large dish and add the olive oil

4 - Mix the Flavour Pot contents with the olive oil until thoroughly combined

5 - Coat the pieces of chicken in the curry mix and leave to marinade for 30 minutes

6 - To cook the chicken heat a large frying pan over a medium high heat

7 - Place the chicken in the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side

8 - To serve spread one teaspoon of mango chutney over each wrap, lay the chicken pieces over the chutney, top with the lettuce and wrap up

The wraps are delicious as hot wraps but equally delicious when cold!

Enjoy x
  

I am sharing my recipe with the lovely Helen at Casa Costello.

Casa Costello

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x