Thursday 30 April 2015

Leftover Chicken Korma with Schwartz

If you are a regular reader you will know that I love using our leftovers from a roast dinner to make a curry. Curry has to be one of our favourite meals so when Schwartz asked me if I would like to try their new curry range I was excited to give them a try.

Schwartz new curry range includes Rogan Josh, Biryani, Balti and Korma mixes.


Thanks to these handy sachets you can easily make traditional Indian curries at home.

They are a great way to enjoy take away style meals for a fraction of the cost! Perfect for a night in or a great way to use up roast dinner leftovers, as I did in this recipe.


I decided to try the Korma mix first. Korma is definitely one of our favourites as it is a curry that the whole family can enjoy.


This is what I did...


Leftover Chicken Korma with Schwartz

Ingredients

1 sachet of Schwartz Korma mix
300g leftover roast chicken, chopped
150g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
300mls semi skimmed milk
1tbsp oil
Rice to serve

Method

1 - Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion

2 - Cook the onion for 10 minutes over a medium heat

3 - Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes

4 - Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes to heat the chicken through

5 - Stir in the Korma mix then pour over the semi skimmed milk

6 - Bring to the boil stirring continuously

7 - Simmer for 10 minutes then serve with rice

The Schwartz Curry range make delicious, authentic tasting curries. Everyone loved the Korma, even the twins. I am certainly looking forward to trying the other flavours in the range.

Enjoy x


Disclosure: I was sent some samples of the Schwartz Curry range to try for the purpose of this post. No payment was received, All view and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I have some of these to try. I love chicken korma x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x