Wednesday 29 April 2015

Quick and Easy After School Pasta - Family Favourites

Now that the twins are eating their main meal at lunch time I am trying out more quick and easy meals to cook. I have been saving them dinners from the previous evening meal but sometimes there hasn't been enough for the following day as the twins have have eaten with us, meaning they have had two main meals! They certainly have good appetites!

This dish came along on one of the days when there was no lunch remaining from the night before. I needed to make something that was quick and easy with foods that I had to hand.

Needless to say it was a success and the children loved it! Hence why I am sharing it as a Family Favourite recipe.

This is what I did...


Quick and Easy After School Pasta

Ingredients

1 onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
200g mushrooms, chopped
8 slices of ham
1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
1/2tsp oregano
250g pasta
50g mature cheddar cheese, grated
1tbsp oil

Method

1 - Cook the pasta as per instructions

2 - Heat the oil over a medium high heat in a large pan

3 - Add the onions and peppers to the pan and cook for 5 minutes

4 - Chop 7 of the slices of ham

5 - Add the mushrooms and chopped ham and cook for a further 5 minutes stirring regularly

6 - Pour over the chopped tomatoes and stir in the oregano

7 - Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes

8 - Drain the cooked pasta and stir into the sauce

9 - Transfer into an oven proof dish, top with the grated cheese, slice the remaining slice of ham and lay over the top, finish with a light sprinkling of oregano and place under a high grill

9 - Grill until the cheese has melted and is starting to brown and serve


The twins described the top of this dish as pizza pasta and they loved it!


This is such a versatile dish, if you do not have any ham, use chicken or tuna as a replacement. These are ingredients that I always have in so I know that this will always be my emergency meal!


Enjoy x

I am sharing my Family Favourites recipe with A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week and Super Busy Mum - Mad Mid Week Blog Hop.

Link up your recipe of the week
Super Busy Mum

3 comments:

  1. This looks lovely and definitely one I will try here, the children like all of the ingredients you've put in so I am sure they will like it. I am always on the look out for quick dinners to put together for them. #MMWBH

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look really nice and something I'll have to try out on my family one time! Thanks for linking up with #MMWBH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elsa would love this. She is allergic to most tomato sauces though so I better not risk it, although I haven't actually tried her with tinned tomatoes yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x