Thursday 9 April 2015

How Does Your Garden Grow? - Normanby Hall in Spring Time

Last weekend we decided to go for an over due visit to Normanby Hall. It has been a couple of months since our last visit so we were looking forward to seeing the signs of spring.


The walled garden, where the fruit and vegetables are grown, was bare except for some remaining artichokes. It will be good to see how it changes over the year and fills up again. We took a walk into the greenhouse and saw some beautiful flowers. One of my favourite flowers, the Bird of Paradise, was in full bloom.

We walked down one of the greenhouse corridors and were greeted by a lovely sweet smell and pretty pink flowers. After further investigation we were amazed to see that they were nectarine trees. I am looking forward to seeing how they progress.

While we were walking around this time we realised that it is the first time that the twins have walked around on their own without reins. Yes we did still have to dash after them when they decided to go in the opposite way but it was fun and they loved the extra freedom!

Here is Normanby Hall at the beginning of spring...






















As always I am sharing with the lovely Annie from Mammasaurus and the lovely Em and Aby from Snowing Indoors and You Baby Me Mummy.

How Does Your Garden Grow
snowingindoors

13 comments:

  1. Lots of sunshine and colour. I wish I could smell the nectarine trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty and spring like! love the blossoming trees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - those Victorian glasshouses - wonderful. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so exciting to see all the flowers and the vibrant colours. I hope summer is lovely this year x #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures huni. Look how cute they are! :) Thanks for linking up to #PointShoot x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that last photo of you both - how sweet :)
    Blue skies and sun shining through the trees - whats not to love ey? I have spied a walled garden this week too and whilst they look a little bare at the moment it kind of makes me excited for what's to come in the Summer when they explode with flowers and veggies. Looks as though you had a grand day out together :)
    Thanks for joining in again and loves to those anarchy fuelled pups! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful gardens, love the colourful plants already in bloom, I can imagine how wonderful it will be come Summer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I do love a walled garden! That bird of paradise is rather impressive too :) Looks like a fab place to visit, and I bet it will be great seeing the veg garden springing to life over the next few months - such an exciting time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty and I love the exotics as well as the more English country garden flowers. Like those pink blossoms against the white wall, is it a peach house?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love Bird of Paradise, it was one of the few plants that gave colour in our garden in South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a gorgeous mix of spring blossoms and exotic blooms. it must be nice to have such a great garden nearby to watch change through the season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those shots of the blue skies - both the bare lacy branches and the blossom, looking forward to more virtual visits throughout the year too. #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will be so interesting to see how the gardens develop over the year. I do love a kitchen garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x