Wednesday 8 April 2015

Minted Roast Lamb - Family Favourites

I always love cooking lamb at Easter but after the huge success of this years minted roast lamb I am going to cook it more often and not just at Easter!

That is why I have decided to share with you how we all enjoyed our lamb this year. I had all of the children, including Joseph who is not a big eater, wanting seconds.

This is what I did...


Minted Roast Lamb

Ingredients

Whole leg of lamb
2 tbsp mint sauce
Carrots, potatoes, and other vegetables to serve

Method

1 - Pre heat the oven to 180C

2 - Cover the lamb with the mint sauce and leave at room temperature until the oven is fully heated

3 - Place in the centre of the pre heated oven and cook for 55 minutes per kilo or 20 minutes per lb

4 - Baste the lamb every 20 minutes

5 - 30 minutes before the lamb is due to finish cooking add some parboiled carrots and potatoes to the roasting tin. They will roast in all of the delicious juices from the meat.

6 - Once the meat is cooked remove from the roasting tin, cover with foil and allow to rest. Place the roasting tin with the potatoes and carrots back in the oven and increase the temperature to 200C for a further 20 minutes.

Serve with the roasted potatoes, carrots and assorted vegetables with some extra mint sauce on the side.


This was such a deliciously moist leg of lamb that the whole family loved! It was enjoyed so much there were no leftovers! That is why, from now on, we will be having lamb more often.


Enjoy x

Sharing with Super Busy Mum - Mad Mid Week Blog Hop.

Super Busy Mum

3 comments:

  1. Lamb is my favourite, this looks scrummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. my. goodness. You see, I MUST learn to cook. I live with a chef and I have got lazier and lazier and my skills are through the floor. However, chef won't cook or eat roast dinners and so the responsibility for that is going to lie with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Do you know I have never tasted lamb {well...other than a kebab!} but this looks amazing and something I may just have to try myself! Thanks so much for linking up with #MMWBH x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x