Tuesday 23 December 2014

Christmas Meal Plan

This is a post which I have been meaning to write for weeks! I have it all in my head but being the person I am I need to have it all written down.

Last year was the first time I cooked a Christmas dinner and we had my mother in law round. This year my parents will be coming for Christmas day so this will be the first time I have cooked Christmas dinner for them!

This is what I have got planned...

Breakfast

The hubby and I will be having toast with smoked salmon and bucks fizz while the children will have whatever takes their fancy from toast, cereals or chocolate breads.

Lunch

Starters

  • Venison Pate with Toast
Main Course
  • Roasted Free Range Turkey Breast filled with Caramelised Onion and Plum Stuffing
  • Chestnut and Bacon Stuffing
  • Roast King Edwards and Sweet Potatoes
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • Honey Roast Parsnips
  • Broccoli
  • Red Cabbage and Onion
  • Carrots
  • Peas
  • Brussels Sprouts fried with Bacon
  • Bread Sauce
  • Cranberry Sauce with Port
  • Gravy
Dessert
  • Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce for the adults
  • Hot Chocolate Pudding for the children
Evening Meal
  • If we can even think about more food it will simply be nibbles and turkey sandwiches
I hope you all enjoy your Christmas meals!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious I love brussels with bacon! My mum is making dinner this year as it's the first Christmas she'll be in London for in at least 5 years! I'm doing a Christmas breakfast though haven't decided what yet!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x