Friday 12 December 2014

Word of the Week - 12th December 2014

This week my word of the week is...

Romance

Anyone with children will understand how this is a word which is used less once the little one arrive. With three children is is hard to find time out for the hubby and I.

However, tonight, we are having just that!

It was going to be a surprise for the hubby but he guessed where we were going and as I am such an awful liar he knew he had guessed right! I planned and booked a night away for us as a thank you to my hubby for being my rock. He has been incredibly supportive over the last 6 months. As you will know we lost my Grandad last year, followed by my Nanna in July. This hit me hard and I sunk into depression, which is still being treated but I have improved so much! Throughout it all my hubby was there unconditionally. He is my everything and I wanted to say thank you to him. 

I have booked us the "romance" package at a local boutique hotel and restaurant San Pietro. We will be greeted with a bottle of Prosecco on ice waiting for us, a 3 course a la carte meal and a continental breakfast in the morning. We adore the food at San Pietro so I knew that the hubby would enjoy the evening. Plus it will be lovely for us to both have a drink as we won't have to drive home. The last time we had a night away from the children was back in May so we really will make the most of a lie in!

Oh and a quick update on last weeks Word of the Week, the shopping trip was a success! I was right, it was the car for us and it is now parked on our drive!

As always I am sharing my Word of the Week with the lovely Jocelyn from The Reading Residence.

The Reading Residence

7 comments:

  1. Ah, this is so lovely and what a great thing to do for your husband. I do hope you have a fabulous time, and 'yay' to the new car, too! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thats so nice! I cant remember the day that my husband & i had something like this or a date! Have fun you guys =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have them enough, that is why we treasure the time we do get x

      Delete
  3. Aww! How lovely! I hope you have a wonderful time!
    Hooray for the new car :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a lovely time, it's nice to be able to treat yourselves occasionally and remind your rock how much he means to you x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x