Friday 19 December 2014

Word of the Week - 19th December 2014

There is only one word that can sum up this week. That word is...

Indecisive

This is the fourth time that I have written my Word of the Week post. After changing my mind a lot as I was writing last night I shut the laptop down and decided I would write my Word of the Week this morning.

The words that could summarise this week are exhausted, traditional, Christmassy, anxiety, pride and accomplishment! Wow that is a lot words and a lot of emotions. Now do you understand why I chose indecisive?!?!

I have felt exhausted this week after a few late nights. Not late nights because I have been out but late night because I have been blogging until late and then struggled to sleep as I start thinking about what I need to get done.

Traditional as we have chosen a traditional, real Christmas tree this year instead of our usual artificial one. I have always wanted a real tree and on Sunday the hubby surprised us all by suggesting we all go out and choose our tree. It was a lovely family outing and we are going to make it into our family Christmas tradition to go real tree shopping each year.

Christmassy (if that is a word!) as now we have our tree the house is finally decorated. The children love the lights and the decorations. This year the twins understand Christmas a lot more which is lovely.

My anxiety has been up this week. I am assuming that it is because I am thinking about what needs doing before Christmas and the list does seem endless. However, today, I am feeling good and I can see that I am getting through the list and everything will be ready by the big day.

Pride sums up how I felt yesterday. We went to watch Joseph's Christmas service at the church. This year Joseph stood up and spoke his lines with more confidence than before. He does often lack in confidence but it is lovely to see that it is growing.

I feel accomplished as my Center Parcs Winter Wonderland is now live and includes my first blog video. I am also up to date with my reviews and collaborative posts which means I can truly relax over Christmas. I am planning to have a few posts scheduled so that on Christmas eve, or even the day before if I am lucky, I can shut the laptop down and leave it until after the weekend!

This week has been up and down and I have felt a mixture of emotions. Today is Joseph's last day at school before the manic few days before Christmas.

I hope you all have a....


As always I am sharing my word of the week with the lovely Jocelyn from The Reading Residence.

The Reading Residence

6 comments:

  1. Indecisive sounds about right! Lots going on there this week. Lovely to have your real tree and a new tradition in the making there. Well done to Joseph, and you, on all of your accomplishments. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy this week but it sounds like you've had a good one!
    Have a wonderful Christmas & all the best for 2015 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot going on for you, this tine of year is like that though isn't it. I hope you have a lovely holiday and enjoy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes one word is really not enough and this word sums up those words! Its going to be busy in our household as well this Christmas season =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot going on - have a lovely Christmas and new year xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indecisive seems like the right choice. Sounds like a good week over all, hope you're feeling more organised now. Have a wonderful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x