Wednesday 12 November 2014

Rosemary and Garlic Chicken - Family Favourites

I have enjoyed trying new meals since I started my diet. It has really made me think about more healthier ingredients that everyone can eat.

This week I have made a delicious chicken dish using a few ingredients from a Food Discovery Box that I have been sent to review. My review will be coming soon so keep an eye out!

This weeks Family Favourites meal is a dish that is full of goodness. But best of all it is a great meal that only uses 2 syns if you are following the Slimming World plan. It is also allowed for the Juice Plus meals if you remove the baby sweetcorn. My children love it so I had to cook it for them!

Here is this weeks Family Favourites meal...


Rosemary and Garlic Chicken

Ingredients

4 chicken breasts, sliced
1 onion
100g baby carrots
70g baby sweetcorn
70g green beans
70g tenderstem broccoli
250g asparagus
1tsp olive oil infused with rosemary and garlic
Brown rice to serve

Method

1 - Cook the brown rice as per instructions on the packet

2 - Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok

3 - Once the oil is hot gently fry the chicken strips until the chicken is sealed

4 - Add all of the vegetables and continue to cook over a medium heat until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables are cooked al dente

Serve on a bed of rice and grind over a little sea salt and rosemary.


This meal was deliciously filling and full of the goodness that the whole family needs.


Enjoy x


I am sharing my recipe with...

Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays
A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week
Supergolden Bakes - #CookBlogShare

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week

“#CookBlogShare

8 comments:

  1. Just my kind of food. Colourful, full of veg and nice flavours. Perfect way to avoid getting a cold, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited! I love Rosemary on chicken! They always taste great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious, Kirsty, and so healthy with the wholemeal rice and the crispy, vibrantly coloured veggies! A winner from all points of view, I think even my picky eaters would approve of it!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a tasty and healthy meal, I'll definitely look out for the oil you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no another ex GBBO baker on a diet!!! I am doing SW too so this is a great recipe idea for me too Kirsty - thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Light, vibrant and so tasty, love it! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've become quite addicted to cooking with rosemary recently, so this sounds like a great recipe to keep my addiction going :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really must get around to actually following a diet, all this constant baking has taken its toll! This looks lovely and filling too. Thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x