Friday 7 November 2014

Word of the Week - 7th November 2014

This weeks Word of the Week has to be...

DETOX

The last few months I really have not been looking after myself. You will all know that it has not been an easy 4 months. I have dealt with grief and depression which have resulted in my health being put to the bottom of the list.

While we were on holiday last week I decided to make a change. Change the way that I am living, change my health and start to look after myself a lot more. I truly believe that if I look after my body my mental well being will also improve (well, I hope it will) and I will be back to being me without medication.

This week I have started my detox. I am wanting to give my body the kick start that it has needed. I have been quite brutal after a holiday full of over indulgence. I have cut out a lot of foods including dairy, gluten, caffeine and alcohol to name a few. My meals are all free of processed foods, full of vegetables and full of goodness. We didn't eat badly before but I have needed to make some changes. My aim is to loose weight and to improve my physical and mental health.

I have taken the first step and I am loving the changes.

What word would sum up your week?

As always I am sharing my word of the week with the lovely Jocelyn from The Reading Residence
The Reading Residence

7 comments:

  1. Well done! You sound so positive about the changes that you have made. i did a detox a few years ago and it's amazing how quickly you start to notice a difference. I should probably do it again sometime x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you. And no, no-one could blame you for having let this slide with the difficult few months you've had, but I'm pleased you're happy about improving it now and it's going well x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you lovely, hope it continues to go well for you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Good for you! I hope it goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to you lovely. Sometimes making a decision is the hardest part isn't it? I need to get back on the wagon, maybe we need a bloggers detox support group?! Difficult to motivate myself with Christmas around the corner. Hope the juicing is going well too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for taking that step, I hope it helps x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, sounds like you've made a really positive start x #WotW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x