Tuesday 25 November 2014

Mediterranean Meatballs

We all love meatballs, but I do not like the pre made meatballs. I always worry about added ingredients and even more so now that I am watching what we eat.

These easy homemade meatballs are a great way to know exactly what goes into them. They are so simple and quick to make and no doubt healthier than shop bought ones.

This is what I do...


Mediterranean Meatballs

Ingredients - Serves 4

400g lean steak mince meat
2 red onions, one finely chopped and one cut into chunks
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
1 red pepper, cut into chunks
1 orange pepper, cut into chunks
2 courgettes, quartered and sliced
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Oregano
Cayenne pepper
Brown rice to serve

Method

1 - Pre heat the oven to 200C

2 - Place the mince, finely chopped red onion, crushed garlic, 1tsp oregano and 1/4tsp cayenne pepper into a mixing bowl and combine all of the ingredients together using your hands.

3 - Once all of the ingredients are combined shape into individual meatballs.

4 - Place the chopped vegetables into a deep roasting tin.

5 - Add the meatballs to the tin and place in the centre of the pre heated oven and cook for 25 - 30 minutes or until the meatballs are thoroughly cooked.

These meatballs and roasted Mediterranean vegetables go perfectly with brown rice.


If you are following the Slimming World diet this is a syn free meal! Also if you are following the Juice Plus this meal is only using allowed foods.


Enjoy x

I am sharing my recipe with Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays.

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

5 comments:

  1. So yummy looking and healthy meatball! Yes, I also prefer to make my own meatballs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meatballs, so easy to make. These look tasty, love the extra peppers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fab recipe, meatballs are so good for kids, mine love them! Thanks so much for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing, will deffo be trying!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x