Friday 14 November 2014

Word of the Week - 14th November 2015

This week my Word of the Week is...

Memories

This week has been very much about my memories.

Memories of my late grandparents.

This week the sale of their bungalow has been completed. The place that holds so many treasured memories is now for another family to create their own memories. I have struggled this week with accepting that it will be gone, forever. I can no longer return, not that I would want to now but it feels strange knowing that the last loose end has been tied. Now all I have left of my Nanna and Grandad and their home is just memories.

However, the tying of the loose ends also brings closure.

Closure means that now we can look to the future and treasure the memories that we have. I still miss them both so very much and I always will do. But it is now time to move on. I am going in the right direction and this is just an extra push. 

If they were here they would be telling me off for being sad. So from now on I promise them that I will try and stop feeling sad. My sadness will be replaced with smiles when I remember the fun times we had, when I remember the loving look my Nanna used to give me and hearing my Grandad shouting "hello" in the tone that he used. These memories will make me smile from now on. That is what they would want from me, so that is what I will do.

God bless you both, I miss you and will always hold you close to my heart xx

As always I am sharing my Word of the Week with the lovely Jocelyn at The Reading Residence.

The Reading Residence

7 comments:

  1. Closure, no matter what it is, always leaves a tinge of sadness. But you're right, your grandparents wouldn't want you to be so sad, especially since you've got so much to look forward too, especially with your family ;) For one, it's almost Christmas ;) #wotw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to say goodbye and let go of things like this, but you will always have those memories, and you're right to think they'd want you to move on, I'm sure. It's tough x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah, I'm sure they would be very proud of you, letting go is hard x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, yes, moments like these can be so emotional. I would think memories is the perfect word of the week.

    Thanks so much for sharing.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you! It sounds like such an emotional time....Sending love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an emotional post. I remember similar feelings when my grandparent's house was sold. It is like saying goodbye to a huge part of your life xx #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh but what great memories you have, and no one can take those from you. Have a lovely weekend - and listen to those memories of your grandparents :) X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x