Tuesday 18 November 2014

Weight Loss Journey - Week 2

This week I have started drinking the Juice Plus Shakes. My daily meal routine is like this:

  • 8:30 - 9:00 - Breakfast Juice Plus shake
  • 10:30 - 11:00 - Mid morning snack
  • 1:00 - 1:30 - Lunch Juice Plus shake
  • 3:00 - 3:30 - Mid afternoon snack
  • 5:30 - 6:00 - Dinner
I have found this week to be a lot easier than I expected. The shakes have been filling as I have been bulking them out with added fruit. For my breakfast shake I add a banana to ensure I have the best start to the day. I have also been adding strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and even decaf coffee too create a latte style shake!

My mid morning and afternoon snacks consist of nuts, dried fruits, fresh fruit, Greek yogurt or Nakd bars. 

Our evening meals have been easy to prepare as we normally eat a lot of fresh vegetables. However regular pasta is not allowed but gluten free and wheat free pasta is, this is a relief as we love pasta.

I have found that the Juice Plus plan is extremely strict. I have been sticking to it rigidly during the week, however at the weekend I did have a glass of wine and a little portion of pudding. I believe that if you ban all treats you are more likely to slip and over indulge. That is why from now on I am going to relax the diet a little over the weekend. I will still be having my shakes but if I fancy a glass of wine or a gin, I will have a small one and if I want a pudding I will have a small portion. This is not me giving up, it is me dieting but still enjoying the odd treat at a weekend.

After having a few treats at the weekend I am delighted to say that I have gone down to 12st 4lbs! That is a 4lb loss this week. I have lost a total of 9lbs in two weeks!

Hopefully week three will go as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x