Tuesday 18 November 2014

Easy Homemade Raw Fruit and Nut Bars

I have recently discovered Nakd bars. They are a delicious way to have something sweet and healthy. After looking at the ingredients list I realised that they would be simple to make. They only contain fruit, nuts and natural flavours, so I knew that I could make my own for a fraction of the price.

The beauty with this recipe is that you can add any dried fruit that you like with various different nuts. They are also quick and simple to make.


This is what I did...

Easy Homemade Raw Fruit and Nut Bars

Ingredients (makes 14 bars)

300g dried dates
100g dried cranberries
100g dried mixed fruit with candied peel
100g walnut pieces
Desiccated coconut

Method

1 - Place the dates, cranberries, dried fruit and walnuts into a food processor and blitz until all of the ingredients become a sticky ball.

2 - Weight out each portion out at 35g roll into either bars or balls.

3 - Cover a plate with desiccated coconut, this will make the bars more manageable as they are quite sticky.

4 - Place in the fridge for an hour before serving. This will just harden the bars a little. I used coconut however if you prefer you could also coat in flaked almonds.


These will also make great Christmas treats, to make them more of a treat you could sprinkle in a little cocoa powder or some festive spices. Simply store them in the fridge until you want them.


These little treats are made with free foods if you are following the Juice Plus plan.


Enjoy x

I am sharing this recipe with Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesday.

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

14 comments:

  1. These look so good. I love Nakd bars and have been meaning to try make my own for a while now. I'll definitely try this recipe thank you! #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like naughty truffles, what a nice surprise that they are healthy! Hope the detox is going well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going really well thank you. I've lost 9lbs in 2 weeks. I'm going to make some of these as little treats for Christmas xx

      Delete
  3. My husband like his naked bars but I had never look into making it! Your lovely yummy balls look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to make some of these for a while now! This recipe is so quick and simple. No more excuses! #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these, maybe I could use seeds rather than nuts! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great Christmas recipe, these would be perfect for the kids to make for their teachers for Christmas #Tastytuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x