Wednesday 4 June 2014

Bucket and Spade Silicone Mould from Lakeland - Review

One of my favourite home and kitchen shops has to be Lakeland. I could look for hours through their catalogue, online site and I always make sure I visit their shop when I am in York!

Lakeland always have new and innovative products for the home.

I particularly love their bakeware, so when I got the chance to work with them and review some of their new, summer inspired silicone cake moulds I was over the moon!

One of the products that I received were these fantastically fun Bucket and Spade Silicone Moulds.


They are the perfect size for mini cake for the children and a fun mould that the kids will love!

The moulds and spades are all dishwasher, microwave, freezer and oven safe. Which makes them a highly versatile mould to have. They are not only great for cakes but also for a imaginative way to serve the children's ice cream on a hot sunny day!

We enjoyed making cakes using these original silicone moulds, this is what we did...

Sandcastle Cakes

Ingredients

75g butter or baking spread
75g caster sugar
75g self raising flour
1 egg
1/4tsp vanilla paste

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4

1 - Mix together the butter/baking spread with the caster sugar until they are light and creamy.

2 - Add the egg along with a little flour to prevent curdling.

3 - Mix in the vanilla paste.

4 - Sift in the flour and mix until all of the ingredients are evenly combined.

5 - Take the bucket mould and grease well with some butter.

6 - Place an even amount of cake mixture into each of the bucket moulds.


7 - Stand on a baking tray and place in the centre of the pre heated oven. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until firm and a knife comes out clean when placed through the centre.

8 - Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before removing from the silicone mould.

The delicious little cakes can either be served in the buckets or can be displayed as sandcastles. For the flags I placed some fizzy sweets on cocktail sticks. To create the sand effect I spread oat flakes on a baking tray.



The bucket and spade moulds have been a huge hit in our house, and not just for making cakes!

The twins took an instant shine to them. After I took the photographs they wanted to play with the oats, buckets and spades!



Keep an eye out for my second review for Lakeland of their new Sandcastle Cake Mould! Coming soon!

Disclosure: Lakeland kindly sent me the Bucket and Spade Silicone Moulds for the purpose of this review. No payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

I am sharing this review with Family Fever and We're Going On An Adventure Tried and Tested
We're going on an adventure
I am also sharing with Casa Costello - Bake of the Week
Casa Costello

20 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I have to admit, I haven't really looked at Lakeland but I will be checking them out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make sandcastle cakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just great, lovely review. I'll be giving these a go that's for sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, what a perfect thing for a summer party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic idea, to make cakes children will love thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Lakeland! How much were they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. now isnt that the cutest thing what will they think of next

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lakeland too. I could spend an absolute fortune in there. These moulds look great fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore Lakeland and when we go to the Lake District we always make time for a visit to their flagship store. I am currently coveting their Sage slow cooker but I love these cute moulds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lakeland too, they have some really great products. Sandcastle cakes are such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! looks like everyone had a good day x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to get the lakeland catalogue but I had to cancel it as it was just too tempting to slash out on so many lovely things! But we are planning for a new kitchen next year so may well save my pennies and treat myself to some bits and pieces then...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea, I love this and will be purchasing them very soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love those!! How sweet. I love LAkeland, they always have really inspired products - like these. Perfect for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous idea, I am def going to get some of these! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these they're brilliant! I like looking around Lakeland too and I don't even bake hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant! I'm loving silicone moulds more and more. I've also used light brown sugar as a pretend sand for display on cakes - Looks very authentic. Thanks so much for being such a loyal part of #Bakeoftheweek x

    ReplyDelete
  18. so cute and I am addfing these to my shopping list x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x