Tuesday 3 June 2014

Berries and Cherries Panna Cotta

It is no secret that I love baking puddings, however in the summer time a lighter dessert is just as delicious!

Panna Cotta is a perfect summer time dessert. It is easier to make than you'll imagine. It will need making in advance which is great when entertaining as you don't have the last minute rush to worry about!

I have used the basic Panna Cotta recipe that is featured in July's edition of Good Food magazine but have created my own topping.

This is what I did...

Berries and Cherries Panna Cotta


Ingredients

Panna Cotta

450ml double cream
200ml full fat milk
100g caster sugar
3 gelatine leaves
1tsp vanilla paste

Topping

200g strawberries, quartered
100g raspberries
75g cherries, stoned and cut into quarters
2tbsp caster sugar

Method

1 - Place the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla paste in a saucepan and gently heat

2 - While the cream is heating up place the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water to soften for 5 minutes

3 - Remove the pan from the heat before the cream reaches boiling point

4 - Squeeze any excess water out of the gelatine leaves and stir into the hot cream, one at a time, then leave to cool

5 - Once cool strain the panna cotta mixture into serving glasses and place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours

6 - To prepare the topping place the berries and cherries in a mixing bowl and stir in the caster sugar



7 - Keep stirring until you have a little juice from the fruits

8 - Once the panna cotta has set remove from the fridge


9 - Gently spoon the berries and cherries on top of the panna cotta, the desserts can either be served immediately or returned to the fridge until needed


These desserts are perfect for when entertaining guests, or just as a summer fruit treat.

Enjoy x


I am sharing this recipe with

A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week
Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays
Javelin Warrior's Cookin W/Love - Made With Love Monday

Link up your recipe of the week

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

Made with Love Mondays, hosted by Javelin Warrior

10 comments:

  1. They are so pretty! Like the one you find in hotel restos! #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh scrumptious. This looks lovely and summery #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panna cotta is such an awesome dessert and so simple to make too. It's been a few years since I've made it and I don't know why because I love it! So craving a bowl about now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds scrumptious! I will definitely have to try this out. Would be good for a dinner party I have coming up! #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never attempted panna cotta but it does look delicious and much simpler than I thought

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love desserts that be made up in advance - a good stress free option.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wanted to make Panna Cotta, just never got around to it! These look gorgeous very summery indeed! #Recipe of the week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy! I love panna cotta, the berries not so much, but I could eat panna cotta all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my all time favourite desserts and how stunningly made and shot! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple and yet looks so brilliant - love this. Definitely going to give it a go. Thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek - I've pinned and tweeted this post and there's a fresh linky going live at 6pm this evening :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x