Thursday 12 June 2014

Upbeat Drinks - Review

In preparation for National Protein Week I was sent some Upbeat Protein drinks to try.

I have never tried protein drinks before and honestly believed that they were only used for weight loss and fitness training. But when I saw that they were also good for busy people I realised that I too may need extra protein!

Mornings, in our house, are manic. I am busy getting the twins ready and rushing Joseph along and I will admit to missing breakfast. Which I know isn't good for me. This is where Upbeat drinks come in. Upbeat protein drinks are highly recommended in the morning to prepare your body for the day ahead.

Upbeat is recommended for:
  • Busy people like commuters, breakfast skippers (me), busy mums (me), snackers (me)
  • Health conscious people who are seeking low fat high protein products
  • Body conscious people and post pregnancy women
  • Gym users and active people
  • Vegetarians to ensure they get the protein that their bodies need
Information thanks to Good Whey

What is Upbeat? Upbeat are new low fat, high protein dairy drinks which come in Strawberry and Mango and Passion Fruit flavours. There is also a new Blueberry flavour coming soon.

Upbeat drinks contain 20g protein, less that half the sugars contained in other smoothies and fruit juice drinks, no more than 150 calories, low fat and a good source of calcium.


My Verdict

I loved the fruity flavour of the Strawberry Upbeat drink. I was disappointed that I was not able to buy the Mango and Passion Fruit flavour drink as my local Tesco Extra only stocked the Strawberry one. I found the flavour to be more of a natural Strawberry flavour than regular milk drinks which I often find to taste artificial and not nice. Upbeat drinks are just the right consistency, it wasn't too thick or too watery. I usually reach for the biscuit barrel either mid morning or after the afternoon school run. I have substituted a biscuit for an Upbeat drink, which did fill the gap!

Upbeat drinks are priced at £1.75 which if you were to drink one a day would cost £12.25 a week. They can work out expensive if you were to drink one a day. However to have as an odd drink they are great. I would buy again especially if I was going out for a busy day!


You can find more in depth information and find stockists at Feeling Upbeat

Disclosure: I was sent some vouchers for Upbeat drinks for the purpose of this review. I did not receive any payments. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x