Thursday 5 June 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow - Week 23

At the weekend project greenhouse was finished!

The greenhouse has been the centre of our garden plans recently. It has been such a big job and one that hubby has been planning for weeks so to see it finished is a wonderful feeling. I have got to admit to being proud of all the hard work that he has done!

After all of the recent rain, more flowers are opening as others die off.

The vegetables are coming on well and we have our first gooseberries and strawberries growing. We have also go an abundance of fresh new nettles coming up in one of the beds. Nettles are really good for the compost bins but I am going to go down the garden, prepared with gloves to pick some for cooking! I have a nettle pesto recipe which I am curious to try!

This is how our garden has grown this week...



The finished greenhouse!

The broad beans a flowering and the ant are loving them!

The Geraniums are starting to open.



The first Geranium flowers are opening up!



A new Acer.

A random ear of wheat growing in the garden!


As always I am sharing how our garden has grown with Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow

Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

20 comments:

  1. Hooray for the grand opening of the greenhouse you need to rent your hubby out he is so handy. I love nettles too and nettle pesto is yum i also have some nettle recipes on my blog your hubby might like nettle beer ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super greenhouse. I feel quite envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love acer's. And Im envious of your greenhouse-want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a proper awesome greenhouse you have! Everything is blooming in your garden. Love the wheat! #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your greenhouse is looking great - bet you can't wait to get in there planting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the finished greenhouse! Looks fab. I have the same geraniums in my garden, which have just come out this week. Absolutely gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am green with envy at your green house. I long for one, but until ball games are banned from the garden, which isn't going to be any time soon, I have to just lust!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boy did so good building that greenhouse hun, think of all the lovely things you will be growing in there xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A random ear of wheat? I love it! Gorgeous sunny shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your greenhouse is looking fantastic and I really like the wooden frame :) I wanted to get some purple geraniums for our garden, your photos have reminded me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that greenhouse - wow! I want to give your husband a pat on the back too :) Ants are attracted to the peony buds here, odd as they go away once they've bloomed - maybe they are as excited as me at the thought of them blooming!
    Stunning colours this week - and once again, my - that greenhouse!

    Thanks for joining in once again and sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Our garden is being landscaped in a couple of weeks as it's currently a jungle as we waited for an electrical pole to be removed. I can't wait until next year to start growing our own veg and I get such inspiration from posts like yours. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I have complete greenhouse envy! Absolutely fantastic- I so want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the new greenhouse! That is super exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely greenhouse. And such pretty flowers. I love the garden at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your garden is looking lovely, love the new greenhouse x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really not green fingered at all but oh how I wish we had a garden big enough for a green house

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for your greenhouse - may it forever keep seedlings warm and aphids out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Smashing greenhouse. I do fear ours won't stand another battering from the winter and spring winds. Beautiful flowers in your garden at the moment as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x