Friday 27 June 2014

Jungle Dogs Pork Hot Dogs Recipe


I will admit that I am not usually a fan of hot dog sausages. It is something which I do not buy as they usually contain a lot of ingredients but not a lot of meat and are heavily processed.

So you may be wondering why I decided to try Jungle Dogs.

For starters my eldest does love hot dog sausages. So when I saw that Jungle Dogs contain 85% Pork which is not mechanically separated meat, naturally smoked, contain no artificial colours or flavours I decided to give them a chance!

The packaging is designed to attract children and my son thought that it looked great. You get 6 hot dogs in a pack and retail at £1 which is a good price. My son enjoyed eating them as an afternoon snack and as a traditional hot dog.


However, me being mum and wanting to get a bit more goodness in him, I used them in a pasta dish which he loved! This dish is such an easy, quick meal to make and is perfect for busy days.


This is what I did...

Jungle Dogs Pasta

Ingredients

1 packet of Jungle Dogs
1 red pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
Pasta
Grated cheese to serve

Method

1 - Cook the pasta as per instructions

2 - Heat the hot dogs as per instructions

3 - Fry the onions and red peppers in a little olive oil until starting to soften

4 - Cut the hot dogs into chunky slices and add to the frying pan and cook for a few minutes

5 - Drain the pasta and return to the pan

6 - Toss the onions, red peppers and hot dogs with the pasta and serve as it is or with a sprinkling of grated cheese


Enjoy x

Disclosure: I was sent some packets of Jungle Dogs for the purpose of this post. No payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

1 comment:

  1. Great little recipe. Top marks. Thanks for sharing this.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x