Monday 16 June 2014

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 16th June 2014

Last week we enjoyed all of the meals planned but one. We didn't have the pulled pork curry as it was simply too hot for a curry! Instead I marinated the pork in some sweet chilli sauce and then cooked it over the hot plate on the barbecue. This was such a delicious alternative to the usual burgers and sausages!

This week we have a treat. Whilst we were at the Good Food Show I bought a truffle. This is something that I have never bought before but thought I'd give this luxurious food a go. I also bought some lovely oils which I am curious to try but they will probably be used next week after I've thought a little more about what to use them for.

This week I have a full week to plan. This weekend we will be at home as we are welcoming our new arrival. Sunday is the day that we get our little kitten so we are staying home to get her settled in.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 16th June 2014

Mushroom Spaghetti with Truffle Topping

I will be making one of our favourite dishes a little bit more special. I will be adding shavings of truffle to the top and cooking the mushrooms, onions and garlic in truffle oil. I am also going to bake a focaccia bread to have on the side.

Cottage Pie

This is always a meal which the children love so I will be making it this week.

Rosemary and Garlic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables

We have some potatoes and turnips which are ready to harvest in the garden. I will be getting my fork out and digging some lovely fresh veg to roast.

Tuna Pasta Bake

This will be my quick meal this week. On Thursdays Joseph goes to youth club so I like to cook a quick easy meal.

Steak Dinner

This has to be served with homemade chips, onion rings, mushrooms and peas!

Pheasant Slow Cooked in Cider

This is a delicious foodie treat which we will be enjoying this weekend.

Roast Chicken

This Sunday we will be having a traditional roast chicken with potatoes, stuffing and vegetables.

Have a great week x


As always I am sharing my weekly meal plan with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

meal planning monday.png

4 comments:

  1. That spaghetti dish sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm sounds delicious - especially the truffle! I've used truffle oil for cooking quite a lot and I've found that if you use it in the same way as normal oil (ie add it at the beginning and cook ingredients in it) you seem to lose a lot of the flavour - it works best if you just use a flavourless oil for cooking and then a few drops of the truffle stuff at the end.

    Hope you enjoy!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great tip! It was delicious x

      Delete
  3. Yum! Everything sounds so good!! Especially the truffle x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x