Monday 23 June 2014

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 23rd June 2014

I did make a couple of changes to last weeks meal plan but all in all I had a successful week cooking meals!

I didn't make the cottage pie in the end but made Meat Loaf and Pepper Sauce which was a huge hit with everyone. It also featured as my Cheap Budget Meal last week.

This weekend we have been stung with a huge bill for one of the cars. This was an unexpected expense so the next couple of weeks I really have got my work cut out on saving as much money as we can on our weekly shopping. This has meant that I have had to look through the freezer and cupboards and plan how to make what we have got in go even further.

On a plus side I should have plenty of recipes to feature on my weekly Cheap Budget Meal posts!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 23rd June 2014

Leftover Chicken Curry

Yesterday we had roasted chicken for our dinner. I purposely bought an extra large chicken so that I had plenty of leftovers to make my hubby's favourite leftovers meal.

Meatball Bake

I will be making mini meat balls and roasting them in the oven with onions, peppers, courgettes, garlic and topped with cheese. This will be served with a homemade rosemary focaccia.

Leftover Meatball Bake Pasta

I am expecting there to be some leftovers from the meatball bake. I will use what is left over to make a pasta sauce.

Egg and Bacon Pie

Thanks to our two chickens we always have plenty of eggs. This week I will be using them in an egg and bacon pie which will be served with salad and some freshly dug up potatoes out of our garden.

Kedgeree Style Rice

I am going to be putting my own twist on kedgeree. Instead of using fish I will be using vegetables and salami.

Tuna Fish Cakes

I plan to make my own budget fishcakes this week. We will enjoy them with minted potatoes and vegetables.

Have a great week x


As always I will be sharing my weekly meal plan with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

meal planning monday.png

2 comments:

  1. I haven't done a meal plan in ages! (funnily enough, also having leftover chicken curry today) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Meatball Bake sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x