Thursday 19 June 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow? - RHS Floral Marquee Gardeners World Live 12th - 15th June 2014

On Friday 13th June 2014 we visited the Gardeners World Live Show at the NEC in Birmingham.

Every week we watch Gardeners World and are always on the look out for tips and ideas on how to develop our garden further. This was an event that we were both looking forward to. Over the weekend the show were holding family days. However we decided to go down just the two of us so that we could dedicate all of our attention to this fantastic event.

When we arrived we were amazed at the grand scale of the show. It was enormous! There was just so much to see and so little time in just one day. Next time we are planning to visit the show over two days so that we are able to see absolutely everything as we know that we just did not have time to see it all.

As I have taken so many pictures I am going to share them over two posts. In this post I am focusing on the awe inspiring RHS Floral Marquee. As soon as you enter the marquee you are greeted with a mass of vibrant colours and a beautiful floral scent lingering in the air. In the marquee were over 100 of the countries leading independent nurseries displaying their floral works of art. That is the only way I can describe the stunning displays that really were natures work of art. You could spend hours just looking in amazement at the displays and speaking to the people who have dedicated so much time and care nurturing the plants to their perfect show level. There were displays of all plants imaginable. Ranging from plants that you will find in gardens to plants that you have never seen before. All of the display and stall holders were so happy to help and talk about what they had done or answer any questions. We even leave the RHS Marquee Tent with our own little lime tree.

The rest of the post is heavily photograph based. I took so many photographs, narrowing them down to these was hard work. But I feel that the ones that I have selected will  give you a taste of what to expect if you visit next year, which I highly recommend!

I hope you enjoy them!





































As always I am sharing this post with Mammasaurus - How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

Disclosure: I was kindly given a media pass for both Gardeners World Live and Good Food Show Summer for the purpose of reviews. No payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

8 comments:

  1. oh goodness, this is major flower explosion. i would have gone nuts! beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that is a positive overload of flower feast spectacular, your a lucky lady and totally sounding essex i am well gell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so beautiful. I need to go there next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the plane. And the fuschia. And the orchids. Actually I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i am awestruck how gorgoeus! #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  6. What displays. I can only imagine how much work it takes to set this all up. I know I would have taken so many photos, so I've no idea how you managed to whittle it down. #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness! is that a place to shop? I would go crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! I think I would have run out of storage space on my camera. I'm after a an acer like the one in your first photo for my front garden. #hdygg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x