Monday 2 June 2014

Ozeri Earth Green Pan - Review

I have been curious to see whether ceramic pans are as good as they claim to be for a while. I love fried food but do not like the amount of fats and oils that are needed in regular pans.

When I got the opportunity to review the Ozeri Earth Green Pan I jumped at the chance!


The first thing that I noticed was the weight. It is a heavy pan, but not too heavy. You can feel that it is a good quality pan.

I was eager to open it up and try the pan and see if it would live up to my expectations.




As you can see the outer rim of the Ozeri Earth Green Pan is a beautiful, bright green which really does make it stand out from the regular black pans. I love the dash of colour that it adds to the kitchen!

The Ozeri Earth Green Pan claims to be "one of the worlds first frying pans to achieve non-stick perfection while remaining absolutely free of PTFE, PFOA and other harmful chemicals". You are probably wondering what PTFE and PFOA stand for, I know I did, so after so research I discovered that they are both chemicals that are used in non stick products. I was quite alarmed to read that the use PFOA has been sanctioned in USA as research found it to cause developmental problems in research animals. However PTFE is commonly used and is safe. But I still found it comforting to know that the Ozeri Earth Green pan contains neither of these chemicals!

The cooking plate has a raised pattern to help aid the cooking without the use of oils and prevents sticking.

After I had seasoned the pan by rubbing in a quarter of a tea spoon of oil over the cooking plate and edges I was ready to cook.

What better way to put the pan to the test than with a fried egg!

I have always found that a good quality non stick pan is needed to make a good fried egg that does not stick or turn into scrambled egg!

This is how I got on with the Ozeri Earth Green Pan...

An egg ready to fry in a pan with zero oil added!

The pan quickly heats up on a medium heat.

I like my eggs to have a solid yolk so it is essential that
the egg is easily flipped over. I was able to flip the
egg with absolutely no difficulty.

All cooked, with no burnt edges that often occur when
cooking in hot oil.

The pan is left with a lovely sheen that shows the
natural non stick oils in the ceramic!
I have been delighted with the results that I have had using the Ozeri Green Earth Frying Pan.

I have cooked eggs and omelette's with not a drop of oil! This pan is also oven proof as is the pan handle, which make it such a versatile pan to own.

After the pan has been seasoned it creates a non stick coating this why no further oils are needed. I was amazed by how fast the foods cook and with no sticking at all. This pan is a great size for frying eggs and omelette's but not greater amounts of food. I hope to invest a larger pan for cooking meats and vegetables as I am curious to see how they perform with other foods and frying challenges!

This pan is not only practical but also looks fantastic! It adds a stylish, modern touch to your kitchen.

I would definitely recommend this pan to anyone who is looking for a new, stylish looking pan which promises a healthier way of cooking.

The Ozeri Earth Green 20cm pan is priced at just £23.99, which I think is a great price for a pan of this high quality. For more purchasing details visit Ozeri on Amazon.

Disclosure: I was sent the Ozeri Earth Green Pan for the purpose of this review. No payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.


15 comments:

  1. Ooo I need some new pans as ours have seen better days. I will take a look at these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect for my low/no oil slimming world meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, I love that you can cook an egg with no oil

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look good - I get so excited over new cookware!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pan. I have a green theme, so this would go well. Btw, I have my fried egg the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been really impressed with the frying pan. I also have the Wok which is just as great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a really great pan. I think that anything that stops us ingesting potentially harmful chemicals is great.,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha! The husband and I were discussing our need for a new frying pan just last night! We didn't even manage to have pancakes on Shrove Tuesday because ours is so rubbish.

    On another note; a fried egg needs to have a runny yolk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've just reviewed this - I managed to cook a decent omelette for the first time ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a great pan, well worth the money. Thank you for sharing this review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love ones of these. I need a new frying pan as we use ours a lot

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I would love one of those frying pans. They would be perfect for making pancakes and omelettes too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I need some new pans. This looks perfect

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's amazing that it doesn't need any additional oil. Love the bright green colour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely like this post.WOW! What a great review.this post is very valuable for the Green Pan cookware users .even now I have known about this and follow this .it keeps the food dry and warm .the prepared foods do not sting with the pan .As it is absolute dishwashers safe, however i believe washing by hand is that the better choice for this.Cleaning these take only a few seconds in hot & cleansing agent water as foods simply don’t stick on. If you need, then try to scrub with nylon scrubbers but not the metal one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x