Tuesday 17 June 2014

Mushroom and Black Truffle Spaghetti

When we visited the BBC Good Food Show Summer last week I came home with a black truffle.


This is a food that I have never bought before and was excited to give it a go!

I have researched how to store it so it will last and it is now in the freezer ready for another day. The great news is that it will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months! 

Whilst at the show I bought some oils from Drury and Alldis. The owner was extremely helpful and I ended up buying 4 delicious oils, one of which is a Black Truffle Infused Grapeseed Oil which is perfect for this dish!

I was originally going to fry the mushrooms in the oil but after getting a great foodie tip from The WW Foodie I changed my mind and this really was an easy, flavoursome meal.


This is what I did...

Mushroom and Truffle Spaghetti

Ingredients

250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
250g forestiere mushrooms, sliced
2 red onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
300g spaghetti
Olive oil
Truffle oil
Black truffle infused grapeseed oil (I used Drury and Alldis)


Method

1 - Cook the spaghetti as per instructions

2 - Gently fry the onions and garlic in a little olive oil

3 - Once the onions have softened add the mushrooms and gently fry

4 - Drain the cooked spaghetti and return to the pan

5 - Once the mushrooms are cooked add them to the pan of spaghetti and toss them together

6 - Drizzle over a little black truffle oil

7 - To prepare the truffle wash and dry then peel off the hard outer skin and shave or thinly slice enough to serve

7 - Plate up the mushrooms and spaghetti and serve with some truffle slices


This really was a dish that was full of exquisite flavours. I served the meal with some fresh homemade focaccia that I sprinkled with sea salt and drizzled over some more black truffle infused grapeseed oil. I will be sharing this recipe soon!

This meal certainly shows how easy it is to incorporate the delectable flavours of the black truffle. I know that if I get the opportunity to buy one again, I will.

Enjoy x



 Disclosure: I have mentioned Drury and Alldis in this post purely because we received fantastic customer service at the Good Food Show and I genuinely love their products. No payment or product was received for this mention!

I am sharing this recipe with:


Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week
Made with Love Mondays, hosted by Javelin Warrior

4 comments:

  1. I have never tried truffles before either. Your dish looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flavorful and easy meals like this - especially when they involve pasta :) I've never cooked with real truffle before, so I can only imagine the treat you're in for. But now at least I've seen a real black truffle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavenly, truffles make everything so tasty! Gorgeous post. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never ever tried a truffle before, the photos look fab #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x